XP
Country
United States

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
hmmm that didnt seem to help. I did notice Windows installed a Switch driver or something, would that have something to do with it, as as the exploit is loading the usb notification sound goes off 2-3 times??
Just to be safe, see if the libusbK drivers are still installed. For some reason a while back i had to install them a second time

lettuce

Trophies
XP
Country
Unless Windows decided to delete your libusbK drivers, that shouldn't make a difference. Try the following nightly builds:
http://builds.reinx.guide/nightly/ReiNX-315dfad.zip
http://builds.reinx.guide/nightly/ReiNX-a4f171d.zip

Ok that got me boot in with out the error message but when i load the album button it actually loads the album page and not the homebrew menu. I did notice it keeps prompting me theres a controller update, do i need to update the controller?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok that got me boot in with out the error message but when i load the album button it actually loads the album page and not the homebrew menu. I did notice it keeps prompting me theres a controller update, do i need to update the controller?
So it sounds like your SD card is formatted as exFAT but your console doesn't support exFAT. Either download the exFAT update online, install the exFAT update offline, or format the SD card to FAT32.

lettuce

Trophies
XP
Country
Just to be safe, see if the libusbK drivers are still installed. For some reason a while back i had to install them a second time

just tried reinstalling but can get the homebrew menu, just the actual album menu appears, does anything on the SD card need changing (apart for ReiNX update files) since 5.1 to 6.0 FW?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So it sounds like your SD card is formatted as exFAT but your console doesn't support exFAT. Either download the exFAT update online, install the exFAT update offline, or format the SD card to FAT32.

Yeah that could be the issue, i wasnt aware there was an exFAT update, where can this be found please?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah that could be the issue, i wasnt aware there was an exFAT update, where can this be found please?
That is copyrighted content and cannot be linked here. Follow the hints provided in the ChoiDujourNX thread (main tool used to provide exFAT offline):
  • Extract the UPDATE partition from an XCI image of the cartridge that contains the update you want into a folder
These are common cartridges and firmware versions they contain:
Puyo Puyo Tetris/ 1-2 Switch (1.0.0) - would never recommend installing this one as no Switch made with 1.0.0 actually runs it (its a slightly different 1.0.0 with exFAT that bricks you)
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2/ Mario plus Rabbids Kingdom Battle/Cars 3 Driven to Win (2.1.0)
Splatoon 2/ Sonic Forces (2.3.0)
Pokemon Tournament DX (3.0)
Batman The Telltale Series/ Syberia 2/ The Elder Scrolls V. Skyrim (3.0.1)
Attack on Titans 2/ Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (3.0.2)
Bayonetta 2/ Gal Gun 2 (4.0.1)
Kirby Star Allies (4.1.0)
Octopath Traveler (5.0.2)
Taiko no Tatsujin Nintendo Switch Version JPN (5.1.0)
  • Copy the SYSTEM:/Contents/registered folder from another Switch that is running the firmware version you want
  • Copy the SYSTEM:/Contents folder from a Switch that has a "System update is pending" notification. This will let you pick either the currently running firmware, or the pending firmware to install.
  • *cough* xbins *cough*

lettuce

Trophies
XP
Country
That is copyrighted content and cannot be linked here. Follow the hints provided in the ChoiDujourNX thread (main tool used to provide exFAT offline):

Ah thats fairly involved, guess ill just have to backup the SD card and format it to FAT32.....seems the easiest option

lettuce

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok not having much luck, just formated my 128GB SD card to FAT32 and now when i load the payload its saying, Error: Failed to init SD card

lettuce

Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure what the issue is tried 2 different SD cards and after the payload has loaded i go to the Album button but instead of loading the homebrew menu it just loads the Album screen instead

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure what the issue is tried 2 different SD cards and after the payload has loaded i go to the Album button but instead of loading the homebrew menu it just loads the Album screen instead
Do you have a folder that ends in 100D under titles (which is subsequently under ReiNX) as well as hbmenu.nro on your root?

lettuce

Trophies
XP
Country
Ah no i dont, infact i dont even know where that folder is, just download the first release of ReiNX and its not included with it.

These are the files i have on a fresh SD card

Nintendo/>Album/
Contents/
save/
switch/>appstore/
Tinfoil.nro
ReiNX/>patches/
sysymodules
splash.bin

hbmenu.nro

other than the tilte folder is there anything missing?

Last edited by lettuce,

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ah no i dont, infact i dont even know where that folder is, just download the first release of ReiNX and its not included with it.

These are the files i have on a fresh SD card

Nintendo/>Album/
Contents/
save/
switch/>appstore/
Tinfoil.nro
ReiNX/>patches/
sysymodules
splash.bin

hbmenu.nro

other than the tilte folder is there anything missing?
Have a look here :

https://reinx.guide/gettingstarted

lettuce

Trophies
XP
Country
You can do it the way @Draxzelex told you few posts earlier with ChoiDujourNX... to install the Exfat update offline...

But im already on the latest official FW from Nintendo. What im asking is, does updating the controller when prompted actually effect anything with homebrew or getting the console in RCM etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...