Odd problem with hacked wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by sayorecca, Jul 4, 2010.

Jul 4, 2010

Odd problem with hacked wii by sayorecca at 1:55 AM (1,178 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. sayorecca
    OP

Newcomer sayorecca Member

Canada
    I downloaded a wii version of Pikmin 2, burned it to a disc and booted it up on my wii, i tried it with neogamma, backup loader, and softchip, but everytime i boot it up my tv doesnt recognize and video input, now, what makes this problem odd is that i set it up on my brothers tv and it DID recognize video input on all 3 loaders AND the game played flawlessly... My tv is an old JVC tube television, where as his is a newer LCD HD tv, could it be that my tv is just to horrible? and if so is there any way to work around that?

Oh and so far pikimin is the only game that this has happend to me with, so far wii sports resort, mario kart wii, mad world, and zelda windwaker have all worked fine.

2. daxtsu

Member daxtsu -

Antarctica
    Is it a PAL copy of Pikmin 2, and are you using composite RCA(yellow/red/white) cables on your old TV? If so, that's why. Pikmin 2 PAL has NO NTSC code whatsoever in it, so even forcing/patching it will NOT work. If your brother's TV supports PAL and/or he's using a component(red/green/blue/red/white) cable, that's why it works. There's nothing you can do except use a component cable[480p] if your TV supports it, upgrade your TV, or find an NTSC copy.

3. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    Really? You can't force video for Pikmin2?
    OP: If that's true, then you can't play. There is NO NTSC version of Pikmin 2.

4. LTK

Member LTK GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Try changing the video settings to "force *your region* 50HZ"

5. sayorecca
    OP

Canada
    no pikmin is a NTSC version and we are using the same wii with the red yellow and white cables, but another detail i forgot to mention was, when i switch the input on my tv it shows a quick flash of whats going on in the game then goes blue saying no input

Posts merged

k ill try the force NTSC thing, one minute

6. daxtsu

Member daxtsu -

Antarctica
    I messed with it for a few hours at my friends house once, and we were unable to get it to work without component cables, trying nearly all combinations of forcing NTSC/etc. We couldn't get it to work without component, so I was under the assumption that you MUST have a PAL supporting/component cable supporting TV.

7. LTK

Member LTK GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Do component cables bypass PAL/NTSC requirements completely? /never used them

8. daxtsu

Member daxtsu -

Antarctica
    If you run games in 480p, pretty much, yes. Your TV has to support it though.

9. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    There's no way you have an NTSC copy. The game was never released in North America.

10. sayorecca
    OP

Canada
    ...the site i dled it from said NTSC and it said NTSC in the file name so i just assumed it was NTSC....

11. sayorecca
    OP

Canada
    K i tried forceing NTSC480p which gave me the blue no input screen and then i tried forcing NTSC480i which gave me a green screen and nothing ever happend....

12. sayorecca
    OP

Canada
    well apparently its just not gonna work then, thanks for the help and speedy replies

13. neotank19

Member neotank19 GBAtemp Regular

United States