Homebrew Ocarina Stopped Working... (USBloader GX)

johncccccc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all.

I have been using USB Loader GX for a while, what a great loader

I recently discovered that Ocarina meant cheats, I started using them and figured it all out and its been fun.

It has suddenly stopped working, The game hangs to a black screen and never loads, it does this for all games

I think I have figured out why, but not 100% sure.

Okay, So New Super Mario Bros Wii was released, In order to play it I had to:

1. Use USB loader GX only.... Done. (using latest revision 838)
2. Update IOS249 to revision 14.

These are the only things changed.

To confirm my suspicions I used an older game, Mario Kart Wii, and instead of using the IOS 249 I used 222, and that made it work, with cheats.

So, as of now I'm assuming the IOS249 revision is the issue, can anyone else 2nd me on this, for double confirmation.

Thanks in Advanced!
JohnCcCcCc

Halo_Killer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just started having the exact same problem. I think it started when I added New Super Mario Bros. Wii. Also, I've been using Ocarina on cIOS249 rev 14 with no problems, and I tried using ios 222 and 223, but that didn't help. One more thing, I am using USB Loader GX rev 843.

Just tried using USB Loader GX rev 828 and everything worked fine so it looks like Ocarina isn't working on newer versions of USB Loader GX.

johncccccc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One of My friends have Ocarina works on rev 828+ with a friends wii, I think were having a different problem, even with older versions, I still have no Ocarina.

I tested older versions of USB loader GX down to rev 720, same problems exist, something else changed, all I have changed is the IOS rev 14 ???

forstiaN

Trophies
XP
Country
I have the same problem, after new super mario bros. wii, ocarina codes doesn't work anymore. :/ I also updated to rev14.

Anyone who's found a resolution to this problem?

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
forstiaN said:
I have the same problem, after new super mario bros. wii, ocarina codes doesn't work anymore. :/ I also updated to rev14.

Anyone who's found a resolution to this problem?

as per revs log rev 874 fixed this issue:

cc from rev 874
"Fixed issue 1242: Ocarina doesn't work any more"

lightyear

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can guarantee 100% it's not Rev14...I've been using it for months and ocarina just stopped working 2-3 weeks ago....well after 14 was installed.

I'll try r874....thank you, bula!!! I'd +rep ya, but this site is lacking that feature for some unknown reason....????

johncccccc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, its believed to be the actual USB Loader GX update (one of the updates) that messed it up, which was fixed in a newer revision.

Because when I use IOS 222 as apposed to IOS249 Ocarina works like usual.

I will make sure I'm on the latest version of USB Loader GX and I will see if Ocarina starts working on IOS 249 then.

stickybit

Trophies
XP
Country
i can download the cheat list no prob and select which ones i want then i click create
but when i go in to the game the cheats arnt working?
wat did i do wrong?

pacha69

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
stickybit said:
i can download the cheat list no prob and select which ones i want then i click create
but when i go in to the game the cheats arnt working?
wat did i do wrong?

Same thing for me ...... I'll check if I have the latest version of usbloader gx

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.