Ocarina of Time question

Discussion in 'Other Consoles & Oldies' started by Sora de Eclaune, Jun 26, 2011.

Jun 26, 2011
  1. Sora de Eclaune
    OP

Member Sora de Eclaune Baby squirrel, you's a sexy motherfucker.

United States
    I've been playing Ocarina of Time on a friend's Wii and I was wondering...

Since it's possible to do a run of the game without ever obtaining or equipping the Kokiri's Sword, is it possible to do a run of the game without ever obtaining the Master Sword? I mean, without cheating, since I don't think you can cheat on an unhacked Wii. Glitches, maybe, but I don't know.

2. brandonspikes

Member brandonspikes King Erazer

United States
    No, you need it for the timeskip.

3. Sora de Eclaune
    OP

United States
    You can't glitch the game into thinking you've already pulled the Master Sword?

Edit) The friend whose Wii I'm using to play the game claims it was possible with cartridge tilting. What about with that?
    Edit2) Sorry about this question. Now that I think about it, it sounds dumb. I should've asked about not getting the Lens of Truth or the Iron Boots, instead.

4. brandonspikes

Member brandonspikes King Erazer

United States
    Well, you said without cheating lol... You cannot on a wii.

5. Nathan Drake

Member Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Antarctica
    With cartridge tilting, you need the actual N64 cartridge. Good luck finding an OoT cartridge to tilt on the Wii.

The only other way to perform such feats is to use cheats. That's it. No other ways. You aren't supposed to be able to, so naturally, there is no easy way to do it.

6. Sora de Eclaune
    OP

United States
    Oh, I can obtain an Ocarina of Time cartridge. I have one. Bought it from a second hand shop when I visited my parents last (I had visited so I could pick up a few of my things that I had left behind when I moved out because my brother wanted to use them. Namely, my N64, SNES, and Game Boy were the items I had went to retrieve that weekend). It's just... well.... It needs a new casing because my brother got drunk either that night or the next and went at a few of my N64 games with a hammer (My parents punished him for all of that, so don't go asking about that). Thankfully, the internal thingamabobs of OoT weren't damaged (Sadly, Clay Fighter 63 1/3, a copy of some game called Shadow Man that my brother bought a while back, and Chameleon Twist... all perished) because we caught and stopped him fast enough, but I'm afraid of putting the naked cartridges into my N64.

My N64 also needs a bit of repairing because something's blown inside it and will only register visuals and sound around 2 times out of 16. The controller's analog stick is also worn out and needs replacing.

But I can fix it. Surely.

.....Oh wow, I just realized I may have put this in the wrong forum. Oh well, Not a problem now that we're possibly on the topic of N64s now.

I know... But I had to get all of the points across.