Hacking Ocarina Help

Thunder7102

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, I do not intend to use this online.

I have had my Wii hacked for a while and want to mess around with cheats just for the heck of it and hope to give some of my old games replay value.

Alright, I boot my games using USB Loader GX or Wiiflow, whichever works best. I downloaded a massive cheat list from USB Loader GX which whenever I click on the cheats I want to apply and click 'save as GCF', it does not work when I load the game. The cheats simply do not take affect. The 2 games I am most interested in loading cheats for is SSBB and Mario Kart Wii.

On WiiFlow, I turn Ocarina on, but I cannot select cheats. What is wrong? I am a COMPLETE noob to Ocarina use so it is very possible that I missed something, so do not assume I know something obvious.

Thanks for your time guys. Btw, this is my first post on this forum.
wink.gif

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Download cheats
Select the cheats you want.
Save as .gct
turn ocarina on in options -> boot game

or you can download the gct files from here and put them on your sd card manually.

Thunder7102

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I download the cheats, how do I set the ones I want as GCT? And why isn't USB Loader not working for it?

On USB loader it automatically downloads, I set the ones I want and I save it as the correct thing, but when I boot the game, it won't activate the cheats. why?

Thunder7102

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Out of curiosity, I have turned off WiiConnect24. But does that mean I can't play multiplayer either? I do not want to update to 4.3 and I heard the last 4.2 update updated automatically for many people. So will it try it with this version?

Kryptical

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Riley said:
There is no reason to have WIICONNECT24 on ( unless you like the news and weather channel ).

Or you want to add your friends Wii Friend Code.

On topic: I don't support cheaters so I hope you won't go online with the cheats but you use this program called Ocarina Code manager to make your cheats into .gct files.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
If you want to use another USB Loader...
Configable USB Loader actually can download the cheat, you select the cheats you want in a little menu and then it saves it as a .gct in the correct folder.

Then just tell it to run and off you go.

Thunder7102

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as WiiConnect24, what if you want to play online without cheats? Won't Mario Kart wii not allow you? I haven't tried with SSBB in a few months, so I don't know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim: @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit