Homebrew Ocarina codes won't work with NSMBWii

forstiaN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi!
I'm a newbie here, and this is my first post. I've spent hours searching both here at GBAtemp and google to find a solution to this problem, but I can't find anything. So I hope it's okay that I ask here?
smile.gif

The problem is that I can't get Ocarina codes to work with New Super Mario Bros. Wii. I boot the game in NeoGamma and it works fine, and now that I've completed it I wanna try out some funny codes. I've used codes for many other games before so I'm certain I'm doing it right and that the codes I put in are valid, but NeoGamma doesn't boot the game when I activate the codes, and gecko doesn't find them.
Is there anyone who've encountered this problem and found a way to solve the problem?

VERY thankful for helpful answers, I'm gonna play this game with my family at christmas eve and it would be awesome to have some funny codes. Then again, I hope it's okay that I ask here.
smile.gif

skx7

Trophies
XP
Country
you probably patched your game... im facing the same problem. it would be great if someone could port some basic cheats for the patched version of NSMW.

forstiaN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I think I have the unpatched version. And now, no codes works, not with gecko either? I used codes for super mario galaxy and resident evil 4: wii edition just a month ago, but now gecko can't find the codes? o.O the only thing I've done since then is updating from cIOSrev6 to cIOSrev14, is that what caused it?

lightyear

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Funny you should mention it.....me either. I had the codes working just fine for NSMB and now all of a sudden they won't work on any game I try either. I'm using GX to load mine from my flash drive, just like I always have.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i doubt the updating caused it, rev14 is the best one to be at. i run it off usb, and i did use ocarina successfully, its pretty cool to be able to change suits using the - button, or get yoshi by pressing b and entering an area. be careful if you do get this activated yoshi is not meant to be in certain areas. for example, if you have yoshi enabled and climb up a vine, you will die immediately when entering the level due to yoshi not being able to climb a vine. also if you bring yoshi to a boss battle, you cannot leave if yoshi goes into the fight, the key comes down but the game will not exit the area.

i don't run it from disc, so i cant really help you there, but my iso is patched on usb, and ocarina cheats work fine.

lightyear

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's got nothing to do with rev14...ocarina worked from 14, then all of a sudden it stopped working....I hadn't changed a thing. I saved, turned of my Wii & went to bed...then next morning I woke up & turned on my Wii and it wasn't working.

There are a few threads here about this and many people suggest upgrading USB GX to r874, which was just released yesterday & claims to fix the Ocarina issue. It even says so in the changelog on GX's download site.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i just experienced the ocarina break in usb loader gx, updating to latest revision does solve the problem. they are always breaking things randomly.

but this topic is about neogamma, which ive never used for ocarina codes

xBlean

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wooooow. Complete opposite problems....

Whenever I tried to play it with two players, cheats [Only the Suit Change+Star power], it worked for me.... Except.... I was P1, and when ever I pressed a button to change suit or use star power, it gave it to P2!

Somehow and randomly during the game, it decided to decided to fix itself......

*Shrugs*

My 2 cents

wadzinsky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I'd like to know is how it happened? I made no software changes in the last day.... All of a sudden (using rev866) the cheats were working yesterday. Then not today..... WTF?! changes can't happen if changes aren't made?! I updated to 874 and then they worked. But for every game that had cheats enabled, when I go to 'game load' button..... BSOD!!!

Fuzzi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
xBlean said:
Wooooow. Complete opposite problems....

Whenever I tried to play it with two players, cheats [Only the Suit Change+Star power], it worked for me.... Except.... I was P1, and when ever I pressed a button to change suit or use star power, it gave it to P2!

Somehow and randomly during the game, it decided to decided to fix itself......

*Shrugs*

My 2 cents
I think whoever is in front when entering an area is who gets the powerups but P1 always controls it. I'm pretty sure this code was intended to be used in Single Player only.

lightyear

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wadzinsky said:
What I'd like to know is how it happened? I made no software changes in the last day.... All of a sudden (using rev866) the cheats were working yesterday. Then not today..... WTF?! changes can't happen if changes aren't made?! I updated to 874 and then they worked. But for every game that had cheats enabled, when I go to 'game load' button..... BSOD!!!

drangom13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Im getting a reset when I try to cheat MPT
Im uses gecko and no one hooks change it
if the code dont work the game runs fine
If im getting a reset something wrong.

wadzinsky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
drangom13 said:

I'm not quite sure what you are trying to say. Is MPT resetting when you load it? if so, how are you loading it?
USB Loader GX rev874 is out now, that fixed the cheats, but for some people, they had to delete their current config files and re-configure the loader. Not hard to do, just tedious.

I've never used Gecko.. I've used Configurable USB loader 49 and USB Loader GX. GX seems the best so far.

drangom13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
wadzinsky said:
drangom13 said:

I'm not quite sure what you are trying to say. Is MPT resetting when you load it? if so, how are you loading it?
USB Loader GX rev874 is out now, that fixed the cheats, but for some people, they had to delete their current config files and re-configure the loader. Not hard to do, just tedious.

I've never used Gecko.. I've used Configurable USB loader 49 and USB Loader GX. GX seems the best so far.
Lol
USB Loader have a rebooter?
MPT Reset when I load MP2 or MP1 with cheats In Disk Channel

lightyear

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is a one-sentence solution to this problem....Here it is, and ZI hope this translates well for those who can not understand....

Delete these files: the ocarina .gct cheat file (as well as the text file if you've got one) and the loader's configuration file.

After you restart your loader you can use cheats again just fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp