NX-Shell - Multipurpose File Manager for Nintendo Switch

Hello everyone, the new release with the much requested USB support is finally here! (Couldn't have done it without @DarkMatterCore's usb library) It's worth mentioning since it is such a big update (backend changes and FS refactor) there *may* be some issues, but the only way I can find and fix those is through you guys! However rest assured, I did run a lot of tests myself to make sure it is functioning as expected. If I waited a month, it would've been exactly 2 years since the last release 🥺.

icon.jpg

Change-log:

• FS:
    • Added support for browsing USB devices.
    • Switched back to libc to handle FS operations.
    • Brought back support for browsing other devices such as safe, user and system.
  • GUI:
    • Update to imGui v1.88.
    • Switch to imGui's new keyEvent API.
    • The two views (File Browser and Settings) can now be navigated as tabs.
    • Switched from list view to a table view using imGui's table API.
    • Sorting is no longer applied from settings, it can be done directly by clicking on the table column headers.
    • A new selector has been added to allow the user to switch to different devices such as safe, user, USB etc.
    • Settings are no longer categorized by imGui's tree system.
    • No longer uses SDL2 as a backend, but instead uses opengl v3 directly (along with egl).
  • Fixes:
    • Properly delete config file if the config file version is outdated.
    • Properly free textures after exiting application.
    • Fixed scrolling via the right joystick after zooming into an image.
    • Lots of code clean up and under the hood changes that are too many to list here.

f43g1ya.jpg

3dU0ciU.jpg

2022080419235500-a282ce99633b844e0497db963451d670-jpg.321175

Download: https://github.com/joel16/NX-Shell/releases

Last edited by Joel16,

sora10pls

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Copying files/folders will replace the Copy function with Paste, giving the user 2 Paste functions (see here). This should be revised.
There is a typo when deleting files/folders, "Confirm deleton"; I've submitted a Pull Request that fixes this.
System Clock at the top-right is off for me; my Switch is set to "UTC -04:00 New York, Toronto", and the time in NX-Shell is 4 hours ahead.

Other than that, great work on the tool! I'm excited for added functionality and some fixes.

Last edited by sora10pls,
Reactions: Girtana1 and Joel16

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wasn't talking for myself mind you. Accidents could happen especially if there is no confirmation box. Also these could be deleted by kids.
It might be a good idea to password protect or deactivate the internal files access in the option.
OP could consider this in future update.

Look at the screenshots, there is a confirmation for deletion.

Also to address everyone (sorry didn't expect so many responses), a dark theme toggle will be later implemented. Multi select should also show up at some point along with FTP support. There's no USB support at this point but they may come up later. Audio playback is planned, videos however is something I've never worked with so I don't want to have any say on that. Sorting, renaming, etc will follow up as well.

Last edited by Joel16,

GalaxyYT

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How would one go about building this? I wanted to make some custom icons for myself and I'm getting:
zQEoNkl.png

I built sdl2 and placed it's files in a bunch of devkitpro's directories as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :shy: