1. W0NDERwaffle3

W0NDERwaffle3 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Is it possible for you to fix moving multiple files at once? If you select more than one and move through sections of the sd card it’ll only transfer one

2. Joel16

OP Joel16 Ils ne passeront pas

United States
    I'm not sure if I get you, but the way the multiple file selection works is that you can select multiple files/folder from one location and move it to another. You can't select multiple files from one path, and then select files from another path and try to move them all in one go.

3. W0NDERwaffle3

W0NDERwaffle3 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I don’t know how to phrase it lol. I’ll try to give an example. I add files to the root of my sd card and I want to move them into a folder that’s inside a folder. It won’t move all of them, but i can move them into the first folder just fine. If it surpasses one folder they won’t all move at once.

4. Joel16

United States
    I think I understand what you mean now. I'll try to reproduce this and see what's going on.

5. W0NDERwaffle3

W0NDERwaffle3 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Yea if you aren’t able to do I’ll see if I can make a video showing it off

6. peteruk

peteruk GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    Joel - will this work with XorTroll's FSP-USB kip plugin ?

7. Joel16

United States
    Not sure what that is so can't comment. If it's a general sysmodule that's not targeted towards a specific app then sure but I really can't say.

peteruk likes this.
  8. Fgamer

Fgamer Advanced Member
    Newcomer

It allows homebrew applications to access external USB drives and it would actually be quite cool if NXShell could at least view the files on there, maybe even move files between microSD and USB drive in some manner if that's possible?

https://github.com/XorTroll/Atmosphere/tree/fspusb

9. DarkMatterCore

DarkMatterCore I like turtles.
    Developer

Venezuela
    @Joel16 Hi there, mate. It's a pleasure to talk to you.

As you may already know, many people here (myself included!) are looking forward to UMS support in NX-Shell. I'm just writing you because some of these people have been asking me if I have heard about you or anything :P

Some days ago, XorTroll and I released a static library for this very same purpose, deprecating fsp-usb in the process: https://github.com/DarkMatterCore/libusbhsfs.

Feel free to try it on your own and suggest any changes. It requires no dependencies at all.

hippy dave, sorabora, kickmeh and 5 others like this.
  10. Joel16

United States
    Hey, pleasure to talk to you as well. I saw this about a week ago and thought it was fantastic. I've been a little busy over the past few months and got a couple un-pushed changes on my local that I need to get around cleaning up before I can start looking into this. I'll definitely get around to this and some point and will let you know if I have any troubles. Cheers!

hippy dave, sorabora, Muxi and 3 others like this.
  11. blawar

blawar Developer
    Developer

United States
    Hello Joel, I pulled down your code with the intent to submit a PR for you, however I noticed that you are running your own virtual file system which does not interact with the native libnx filesystem at all. This project is not compatible with @DarkMatterCore 's library as written. Even if the device was pulled and an adapter was written to translate between your custom vfs interface and libnx's. However even if this was done, there are other things that would get in the way such as when copying a file, the source device can be an device, but the destination must be the SD card. These limitations could obviously be worked through one by one, but best approach is probably to just remove your custom vfs and just use native libnx's filesystem.

If you want me to, I can submit a PR to remove all of your custom VFS code + add libusbhsfs.

Let me know.

sorabora, Fgamer, Muxi and 4 others like this.
  12. Joel16

United States
    Hey Blawar, that sounds like a good idea. I am willing to take a look.

sorabora, Fgamer, Muxi and 1 other person like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Multipurpose, Nintendo, Manager