Nvidia Shield Branded Devices can't install Fire Emblem Heroes!

Discussion in 'Android' started by Sonic Angel Knight, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Sonic Angel Knight
    OP

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Look, I may not be the first person to hear this from considering I don't really play fire emblem games and all, but I think this needs to be shared. It came to my attention after finding the game on google play after browsing some apps and suggestions that i can't download it. It doesn't appear on the google play of the device at all. To be fair i find it strange. (Requirements for the app is android 4.2) I'm running android 7 nougat on both tablet and tv devices. (Ignore nexus as is 4.1 and outdated)

Chrome_20170321_204727.png

So even if i wanted to play this i couldn't try it. Considering the devices was released and is still relevant today, i dunno why this is the way it is. Hopefully it could change somehow later but just finding this shocking thing is bad. I must point out that Super mario run also launches Thursday March 23 2017 on android And i also can't find it on the devices play store. I should assume it can't be downloaded either. Ignoring the fact android tv can't use it, is fine considering is mostly a mobile game but how a high priced performance tablet running android 7 nougat can't get these games astonished me. Is it nintendo, or nvidia, or google the reason for this? Maybe it will be on switch? I dunno. :wtf:

Subtle Demise likes this.

2. Pleng

Pleng GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 14, 2011
    Thailand
    Are you rooted?

3. THEELEMENTKH

THEELEMENTKH GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 31, 2016
    Spain
    Hell
    What does that have to do with downloading the game?
    You could download the game even if you are rooted, but another thing is if the game wants to run if it detects that your device is rooted

4. Pleng

Pleng GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 14, 2011
    Thailand
    Good point

5. THEELEMENTKH

THEELEMENTKH GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 31, 2016
    Spain
    Hell
    Now, I don't own any Nvidia Shield devices (Switch counts?), nor I know anything about them.
    But since they run android, have you tried to download and install the .apk of the game?

6. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Just because something isn't downloadable on the Play store doesn't mean it can't be installed. 99% of the time the app works just fine if you sideload it.

Nikolay likes this.
  7. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    i am more interested about the fact this games got nvidea blacklisted...
    maybe GPU\CPU incompatibilities?

of course the wonders of android is you can side load as your will, and with root it is even better but i wonder what is happening with the device

8. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    There are a lot of reasons an app could be considered "incompatible" on some devices. Location, DPI and Android version are the biggest reasons, it's almost never a CPU/GPU incompatibility since a vast majority of Android devices use similar hardware (Shield devices included). The only time your hardware may be the issue is when you're using one of Intel's x86 CPUs in a Smartphone (The early Asus Zenphone's, for example, were incompatible with a lot of apps).

EDIT: And those Tegra only games like Half Life 2 and Portal, but technically you could install and play them on devices that have the proper OpenGL support.

Last edited by Tom Bombadildo, Mar 22, 2017
    Nikolay likes this.
  9. Sora Takihawa

Sora Takihawa Keyblade Warrior

Oct 11, 2015
    Germany
    Realm of Darkness
    no many Nintendoapps dont work with root (fire emblem heroes doesnt work for me too because i have root)

10. BigPanda

BigPanda Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 18, 2016
    Belgium
    Fire Emblem is not compatible with Samsung S5 based on Google Play Store but I played many hours on the train by installing the apk and my device is rooted.

11. Enteking

Enteking Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 10, 2016
    United States
    Rooted devices seem to be blocked, some Samsung devices also cannot install the game. But it works when using alternative sources to download the APK.
    Unfortunately, Android is unusable without root. Due to spyware and bloatware and bad resource management, you can more than double the battery time of your phone by rooting your device and using an autostart manager and apps like Greenify / Dozzzer.

12. shinrukus

shinrukus Member

Newcomer
    Aug 27, 2013
    United States
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    upload_2017-3-22_10-1-18.png I see it for my Shield Portable, but not Shield TV (I dont have Shield Tab)

13. Sonic Angel Knight
    OP

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    What firmware is your device on? Last i checked shield portable never can go past kitkat. :unsure:

14. shinrukus

shinrukus Member

Newcomer
    Aug 27, 2013
    United States
    We got Lollipop after update 103, im on 110 now

15. LiveLatios

LiveLatios Profesionnal Scalie

Nov 16, 2015
    Canada
    why
    portable supports up to 5.1

16. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Sideload launcher.

I got my shield tv 2 days ago and I know this :)

17. gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal Kirigiri > Naoto

GBAtemp Patron
    gnmmarechal is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 13, 2014
    Portugal
    https://gs2012.xyz
    My Nexus 4 can't install it either, but installing the APK directly works fine, the game has no issues.

18. Sonic Angel Knight
    OP

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    I see. Well i had my out of service for over 2 years so i had not been updated on those firmware, i hated using it after a specific update cause it had some NO SD CARD WRITE issue that wasn't resolved until a marshmelllow was released i think.

Also the point here isn't "You can just side load it" Is "Why can't it be installed from the app store?" Cause i don't see a reason why this is like this.:mellow:

19. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    How are we supposed to know why Nintendo does anything they do? They're so ass-backwards when it comes to modern anything it wouldn't surprise me if they just closed their eyes and picked devices at random from a list.

They likely just submitted a "support devices" compatibility list when they added the game to the Play store instead of basing compatibility off Android version/DPI/Location like everyone else, so devices not on their little list are marked as "incompatible" even though they're almost guaranteed to be compatible.

Sonic Angel Knight likes this.
  20. shinrukus

shinrukus Member

Newcomer
    Aug 27, 2013
    United States
    Its not all Shield Branded devices, as to why you can't on Shield Tablet, idk, but Shield Portable it installs fine. I'm not into it enough to care to play, but it does load up, and install from the app store just fine. Games like this however very rarely make it to Shield TV though

Edit: They could also be planning to bring this to the Switch, and having this on Shield Tablet and Switch could be like competing against itself... idk honestly

Last edited by shinrukus, Mar 22, 2017
    Sonic Angel Knight likes this.