Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters

ThatGamingAirman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Tempers !, I've been watching YouTube (Linus Tech Tips) and they were talking about new graphics cards mainly the new Nvidia Rtx 2080/Ti. If anybody's seen or read anything about it who's excited for it.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Yeah if it helps seedmine 3ds's faster then I'm all for it.

Otherwise, faster GPUs are pretty pointless. :P

Last edited by zoogie,
D

Deleted User

i've got some problems with it

why RTX?
why 2080?
where's the info? does R stand for ray-tracing?
what happened to the 10 generations in between 10xx and 20xx?

i don't think we're in need of a new generation when the past 2 generations are still messed up, over where i am a 980 ti, 1080 ti and titan cost about the same
they also have to fix the problem that is the DDR4 1030

Last edited by ,

ThatGamingAirman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@LiveLatios rtx does stand for ray tracing I was going to explain that but forgot when beginning to talk about it but everything else you mentioned idk I'm in the dark as much as you are.

But it is confirmed by Linus Sebastian of LMG that the rtx 2080 is the 1080s with ray tracing

Last edited by ThatGamingAirman,

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I've got a lot of problems with them releasing the TI now. I have always been a person that bought the TI on launch but the normal price of a TI on launch is 699. If it is gonna sell next to a 2080 means the price will be LOTS higher then the usual 699 wich is just dumb and gonna lose them tons of customers. There are rumors going around that the RTX titan is going to be 3000 dollars and the new TI would be taking the place of the Titan price wise around 1200 dollars.
If they go through with releasing the TI at the same time as the 2080 well they'll lose tons of customers. The only reason for them doing this would be increasing the price by a lot and this is Nvidia we're talking about so I see them doing it just like that.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@kumikochan they might be trying to up there stocks on the stock market but might actually fail miserably
well we'll see on Monday I guess. But just hope they won't release the TI next to the 2080 because not buying a TI for more then 700 euro. 700 euro is enough money as it is. One thing I also didn't see and I see NO ONE talking about is that Nvidia aren't releasing new Mining cards plus that there is zero software implemented in the new cards that will make them worthless for mining. I thought they were gonna do something about miners for gamers but seems they aren't and are all about the money again. Just find it weird that not a single tech channel is mentioning this like they all forgot about it

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@kumikochan Linus tech tips mentions something about it heres the link to the video
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3ZFRgZMdlA
fyi this is a live stream so there should be a time stamp in the comment section where it talks about the card
well I don't watch linus anymore. Don't like his videos anymore and it's all bullshit anyway with sponsers here and there. The problem with Linus is that he falsely claims one product is better then the other because of the Sponsor bias. There are tons of channels way better and more technical then he is. He's pure corporate and that's all he is. I'm sorry, don't want it to turn in 2 a linus flame wars but just stating my reasons I won't watch a linus video.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
So the prices have been leaked and a 2080 will cost 800 euro/dollar wich is a 100 euro/dollar price increase and the TI will cost a 1000 euro/dollar wich is a 300 euro/dollar price increase. Nvidia being scammers once more

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Now that I hear it fully it sounds slightly familiar