Hacking NTRBoot not triggering.

Alex1982

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I seem to be facing a problem with trying to get NTRboot to trigger on my New 3DS XL which is bricked due to updating while on 2.1. I flashed my Acekard 2i to ntrboothax by using my DS Lite and I've put all the correct files needed on my 3DS's SD. However when I place the magnet on my 3DS and press "Power", "Start", "Select" and "X" I get nothing, I also have the Black Screen of Death so I can't properly tell where to position my magnet to trigger sleep mode. I hope I explained my problem well enough for you guys to understand and any help would be great! Thanks.

Alex1982

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
These are the magnets I'm using as well

Attachments

• 38362804_3.jpg
    38362804_3.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 277

fenderjaguar

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, definitely need a stronger magnet then. I tried a load of fridge magents and none of them worked, they are too weak. You could try putting a speaker next to it, but be careful you don't want to be wiping flash chips etc. A video I saw had a guy putting a really big magnet next to his 3DS, but it wasn't on or above the diamond buttons, it was like sat next to the 3DS on the desk, maybe a couple of inches away

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, definitely need a stronger magnet then. I tried a load of fridge magents and none of them worked, they are too weak. You could try putting a speaker next to it, but be careful you don't want to be wiping flash chips etc. A video I saw had a guy putting a really big magnet next to his 3DS, but it wasn't on or above the diamond buttons, it was like sat next to the 3DS on the desk, maybe a couple of inches away

yeah, you definitely don't want to get a magnet that's to strong, but you don't want to get one that's to weak:rofl2:

Reactions: fenderjaguar

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
In a pinch, you could try using the DS Lite's internal magnet, but holding the buttons might be tricky.

Alex1982

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just tested the magnet out again on my DS lite and it does actually go into sleep mode. So could it be that my acekard is causing the problem?

Alex1982

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do any of you guys know if its possible to flash an Acekard 2i to ntrboothax more than once? I have the feeling mine didn't install properly which is why nothing is working for me

fenderjaguar

Trophies
XP
Country
Do any of you guys know if its possible to flash an Acekard 2i to ntrboothax more than once? I have the feeling mine didn't install properly which is why nothing is working for me

You could do to know if the magnet can send the 3DS to sleep, by testing it on the system menu, but problem is it's already bricked so you can't get there?

I would still try and eliminate this as a possibility by using a magnet that's guaranteed to work. If you said it didn't work on the DS lite and now it does, that sounds iffy. I've tested mine and it seems to be easier to trigger sleep with the same magnet, probably because the ds lite had a smaller speaker than a 3DS XL

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tested the magnet out again on my DS lite and it does actually go into sleep mode. So could it be that my acekard is causing the problem?
Mabe the connectors aren't touching every time you insert it. I know with my R4 (not the same card but still) it takes a few tries for the console to recognize it when using it regulary. I had to stick a piece of paper between the slot and the cartridge to get the console to read it every time without fail. Then it worked with NTBootHaX just fine.

Izic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try holding Start, Select, and X before pressing power briefly, then continue to hold them for a couple of seconds.
I've tried that a quite a bit and it just stays black and the blue led light just fades away like before o: I tried different magnets, I've tried different timings, and tried redoing it over and over again. It does't seem to work for me

Shadowhand

Slim, Alternative Dev.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've tried that a quite a bit and it just stays black and the blue led light just fades away like before o: I tried different magnets, I've tried different timings, and tried redoing it over and over again. It does't seem to work for me
If LEd fades away then you forgot to put files in your SD card. Check again.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Lemon_

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Silly question but it's related to the thread.
Does the NTRBoot flashcart need a microSD card on it to work? Or is it just the header that the 3DS reads to trigger the exploit?
Also what ".firm" is recommended to boot with NTRBoot?

Izic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If LEd fades away then you forgot to put files in your SD card. Check again.
what exact files?

This is what i have on my console SD Card

boot9strap (folder)
Nintendo 3ds (folder)
boot.3dsx
boot.firm

in the boot9strap folder i have:
boot9strap.firm
boot9strap.firm.sha

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat