NTR Not working under any circumstance

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by RoyalLemons, Nov 14, 2016.

1. RoyalLemons
    OP

RoyalLemons Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2016
    Hopefully this is in the right place. If it isn't, I apologise in advance.

I've installed bootntr.cia from the github for ntr, I've installed boontr.cia from a fork someone suggested to someone else to fix this. I've installed bootntr from a place claiming to have 11.0 native_firm support. I've used the ntr.bin from the github, from places named above and from the new 3ds exclusive 3.4 ntr. All result in an error such as "homemenu or firm not supported" in addition to "unknown firm- access check could not be patched".

I am on firmware version 11.2 with A9LH+Luma with Luma's version being at 6.6 (the most recent stable at the time of posting this).

Any ideas?

2. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Try BootNTR Selector by Nanquitas.

RoyalLemons and OrGoN3 like this.
  3. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    As KunoichiZ said, the selector will gain the necessary files for you.

However, just to answer your questions, you said you got BootNTR from a place claiming to have 11.0 native firm support, yet you are on 11.2. 11.2 has updated native firms. There was also a problem with the first release of the BootNTR with 11.2 firm support, so it could've even been that. The only place you should be getting BootNTR from, if you want to go the manual route versus the selector, is https://github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR/releases.

Also, just double checking, you are attempting to load 3.4 on a New 3DS/XL, right? Not an Original or a 2DS?

RoyalLemons and KunoichiZ like this.
  4. RoyalLemons
    OP

RoyalLemons Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2016
    BootNTR Selector worked like a charm. I have no idea how I hadn't heard about it.
    Thank you both of you!

Nanquitas likes this.
  5. bonoboy

bonoboy Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2008