NTR-CFW Help Please

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by omega59, Dec 25, 2016.

1. omega59
    OP

omega59 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 14, 2007
    Canada
    I installed CFW on my 2Ds and I'm on the latest firmware 11.2.0.35-U I got NTR-cfw to work the menu comes up in-games and home menu. However i tried super mario 3d land and it says its suppose to have in-game-menu for cheats.. but there is nothing appearing pertaining to cheats at all. I copied the file over to the appropriate location on sd card SD:/plugin/<titleID>/<pluginName>.plg. and the .bin in root SD locations. I use LunaCFW the latest hour as of yesterday install. I followed the guide here and same thing no menu cheats.
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-bootntr-selector.432911

I just need to know if there is something missing or i'am doing this wrong to get cheats?
    Is there another way to get cheats for CFW?

2. Chino

Chino Member

Newcomer
    Dec 23, 2016
    United States
    Did you hit the button combination to activate the cheat menu? It should be stated wherever you downloaded the plugin.

3. omega59
    OP

omega59 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 14, 2007
    Canada
    Yes i pressed x+y to bring the cheat Ntr menu up, but there was nothing pertaining to cheats.
    I got it from here USA Super Mario 3d Land... http://ntrplugins.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Plugins

i use version 2.3 ntrcfw with 3.3/3.4 preview2

Last edited by omega59, Dec 25, 2016
  4. lasercut

lasercut Member

Newcomer
    Oct 13, 2011
    United States
    There are two different cheat menus. The old menu requires x+y the new menu default is select.

5. omega59
    OP

omega59 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 14, 2007
    Canada
    Only thing giving me a ntr menu is x+y select doesn't do anything other than regular game control which is pause for 3d land.

6. NekoMichi

NekoMichi Retro Collector

Jun 4, 2015
    Minus World
    Did you download the correct region plugin? If you downloaded a plugin designated for a different region version of the same game, it won't show up.

7. omega59
    OP

omega59 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 14, 2007
    Canada
    it says jap/usa/euro and i placed the USA folder with my gameID