NTR and Piracy?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Xeology, Jan 28, 2016.

1. Xeology
    OP

Xeology GBAtemp Regular

Jul 24, 2010
    United States
    Keansburg, NJ
    So I always see everything stating NTR is an anti-piracy CFW. Never anything to the contrary.

Well loading CTRBoot > rxTools > EmuNAND > NTR seems to produce an environment that has all the benefits of rxTools patched signatures and NTR's functionality. I real time saved in a different region OOT installed as a CIA successfully.

So is this intended? For a CFW that says it will never support piracy it seems to do so quite well.

Last edited by Xeology, Jan 28, 2016
  2. osm70

osm70 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 17, 2011
    Czech Republic
    NTR doesn't allow piracy, but does nothing to prevent it.

3. Xeology
    OP

Xeology GBAtemp Regular

Jul 24, 2010
    United States
    Keansburg, NJ
    How come I have failed to see anything about this before? I thought for sure it would have restored those portions.

4. Shubshub

Shubshub The Shubinator

Oct 16, 2009
    New Zealand
    The dark part of your house
    I believe if you were to actually boot it as a Firmware itself It would not show your Installed CIA's however since it can run in the background of any other CFW it kind of defeats the point of being Anti-Piracy

5. tarduno

tarduno Member

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2016
    Fiji
    could you tell how you managed to install NTR on emunand? I would love to have 800mhz clock all the time without using hans. did you used cubic ninja cia or something?

6. Scarlet

Scarlet Rydeen

GBAtemp Patron
    Scarlet is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Middleish North-Right
    There's a BootNTR CIA floating about somewhere. You just install that to emuNAND and boot it whenever you launch :P

tarduno likes this.
  7. tarduno

tarduno Member

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2016
    Fiji
    it works! so simple :D thanks