Hacking RELEASE NSScreenshotMaker

GizmoTheGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
What makes you people think that using modded image files isn't modding the switch LOL. Will be funny when Nintendo bans you because you're breaking the TOS . Hahaha this place is a hoot.
It's not "modding" the -switch-. The switch is left untouched fully stocked it's just playing a video file just like it's supposed to. Or do you claim Nintendo logs every videofile details ever played back? And would preemptively ban just in case anyone tried to exploit that way? As far as we know all known video playback exploits (known mostly on Android) are fixed on the switch (has been researched already)

Fracta7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not "modding" the -switch-. The switch is left untouched fully stocked it's just playing a video file just like it's supposed to. Or do you claim Nintendo logs every videofile details ever played back? And would preemptively ban just in case anyone tried to exploit that way? As far as we know all known video playback exploits (known mostly on Android) are fixed on the switch (has been researched already)

No it is breaking the fucking TOS. How dense are you.
All it will take is some fucking kid uploading something they shouldnt to a Facebook post. Nintendo will catch wind and will stop it. The thing Nintendo hates more than piracy is bad publicity for their kid friendly brand.

Yes this is modding content from a PC to run on a switch in a manner that was not intended by Nintendo. This. Is. Fucking. Switch. Modding.

Does not have to be a CFW to be considered that.

sab8062

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I want to thank you all, I was hoping to do this since the first day of release, I have always wanted another Photo Channel so much!

To make the image quality better, since there is a limitation in the file size, I save the image two times, the first time at low quality, then I load it and I copy all the less important parts of the image into the original image, when I save it again at a much higher quality the file size is a lot smaller and the quality of the important parts remains very high.

Thank you again for this very welcome feature! Nintendo fans do what Nintendon't ;)

Felo

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I`m having a problem trying to run this. I finally got the part with the key ok, and made the program run, the issue is that when it finishes, the output SD is empty :/

can you help me?

XaneTenshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
How does this work? I've downloaded the exe file in order to avoid having to use Command lines in Python, but double-clicking the exe file just opens a CMD prompt for a second and then closes it again. I have the Secret Key in a txt file, I'm assuming I should not have to create a bin file as I should be able to enter/paste the key in when starting the exe, so what am I doing wrong?

Yes, I have created an input folder.

EDIT: Okay, so I managed to get this working last night, and although I was maybe expecting too much, I am a bit disappointed that any images that was originally taken on the switch are not categorized according to the TitleID they originally belonged to. Of the two images I tested, only 1 actually appeared on the Switch Album and it was in the "Other" category.

I am really hoping that there is a way to organise the images so that they will go back under the TitleID they belong too. Also, no idea what happened to the second Image I tested. I converted both at the same time, but there is definately only 1 image appearing on the Switch:S

Last edited by XaneTenshi,

LudoZX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
How does this work? I've downloaded the exe file in order to avoid having to use Command lines in Python, but double-clicking the exe file just opens a CMD prompt for a second and then closes it again. I have the Secret Key in a txt file, I'm assuming I should not have to create a bin file as I should be able to enter/paste the key in when starting the exe, so what am I doing wrong?

Yes, I have created an input folder.

EDIT: Okay, so I managed to get this working last night, and although I was maybe expecting too much, I am a bit disappointed that any images that was originally taken on the switch are not categorized according to the TitleID they originally belonged to. Of the two images I tested, only 1 actually appeared on the Switch Album and it was in the "Other" category.

I am really hoping that there is a way to organise the images so that they will go back under the TitleID they belong too. Also, no idea what happened to the second Image I tested. I converted both at the same time, but there is definately only 1 image appearing on the Switch:S
how does you got it to work?

EDIT
i noticed now that i revived an ancient post. sorry

Last edited by LudoZX,

DigitalDesignDude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If it helps anyone, here's some instructions on how you can use NSScreenshotMaker to make your own images viewable on the Switch:

1. Download the 32 or 64 .exe file from NSScreenshotMaker's Releases Page

2. In the same directory you have the .exe, create a folder called "input" and put your images in it.

3. Search for "sciresM pastebin" or "Nintendo Switch capsrv screenshot HMAC secret" online to find the required key code which is 64 characters in length.

(I can't provide a direct link to it for legal reasons, but those search queries should help you find it.)

4. Copy and paste that key code into HxD or Hex Edittor of your choice and save it as "key.bin" within the same directory as the .exe file. (You can get a portable version of HxD here if you don't already have it)

5. Double click the .exe file to run it. A command prompt window will then open and proceed to create another folder in the same directory called "SD" which will contain all your newly created Switch compatible images in the same folder structure that Switch SD cards use.

6. Copy the contents of the "SD" card folder to your Switch's Micro SD card so that the folder structure is maintained and test out viewing your images on your Switch.

Last edited by DigitalDesignDude,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: