Hacking NSP vs XCI Regions

ragnamuffin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, I have a question about game regions . I’m trying to collect JPN and World region games and noticed that while XCIs often indicate the region, none of the files in the NSP repositories I’ve seen do.

Does this mean that NSPs contain all regions’ data for the game, or is it just that everyone focused on pulling the more popular USA/EUR region games from CDNSP? (Obviously this does not apply for World region games.)

Masamune3210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure it's game dependent. Some games seem to use the same package for multiple regions, while others have different titleids meaning different nsp for different regions.

ragnamuffin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pretty sure it's game dependent. Some games seem to use the same package for multiple regions, while others have different titleids meaning different nsp for different regions.

Yeah, it seems so. I noticed updates and DLC for the same game in different regions, so it follows that the base games are different too. What a shame. This makes collecting JPN region games harder.

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
most of the time those NSPs and XCIs have Title ID in their name so you might be able to check the region with the XCI ones

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: sup nerds