Homebrew RELEASE NSP Forwarder tool for 12+

Maverick074

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason, the forwarder just stopped working. I have no idea why, I'm doing the same exact process for every inject, but the injects just stopped working. I've rebooted the console, the program, the PC, but have had absolutely no progress. Can anyone help?

laz305

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another update and another mission. Well for the first time after updating my forwarders still work lol any clue tho how to add custom icon? I got Tinfoil to change but not the rest
EAAFE49E-082C-49BB-A0DB-2E60213B785E.jpeg

kronictripy420

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I am on atmosphere 1.2.6 firmware 13.2.1 and I used the latest version of his scripts which allow to batch process many forwarders at once but for some reason I cannot always make the picture to work on my switch.

Basically, they all are JPG 256x256, some are odd like 256x255, I do not know if it matters.

I did follow all the instruction which was to get mogrify.exe. In any case my forwarders are working. HB application open and they have their icon I choose but my retroapp forwarders do not have their icons on the switch. I tried many, many times yesterday and I cannot make it work. I do not know what the issue is. Note that they work just that are installed without icons.

I want to process all my library from my PC to my switch meaning all ROMS, GB, GBC, GBA, NES, SNES, N64, NDS, N3DS and so on. I already scripted my GB and GBC lines for the batch process. I hope I didn’t waste my time.

Please, help !!
Hello I'm also on the same atmosphere 1.2.6 firmware 13.2.1 and I'm trying to make a ps1 collection on home screen I have 7 forwarders as of now and did them back to back tried to pick up from where I left off and can't seem to get anymore to work, all icons are showing but when I click a on them acts like it's going to load then gives an error and to return to the home screen my question is what are you doing to get them to work for every nsp you make. I can help with Icons if you need help just post a list of all icon not working and I'll get them working for you

kronictripy420

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello everyone, i have been using Menu_v0.12b_AIO and i seen to be either not using the gui right which i know i am every icon is 256x256 and in .jpeg and the logo is 160x40 and in .png using this for core
/retroarch/cores/pcsx_rearmed_libretro_libnx.nro and i always click on the disable image conversion or the gui is broken in some way cause iam experiencing an issue where i can only make a few nsp files or 1,2 or none at all and after i try like a dozen times i have to delete the entire Menu_v0.12b_AIO which is in a folder not sure what is causing this but i pulled up task manager and realized that the gui is a 32bit version not sure if there is a 64bit version out there and not sure that this is the problem but i know from other programs that you are supposed use the correct 32bit programs for 32bit operating systems and 64bit programs operating systems cause some will operate but not to full capacity or not at all could someone please help with my issue please and thank you in advance

who_cares

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Because the Nro2Nsp is not working with 12+, so I tried to make a tool to do it by myself, based on hacBrewPack, for Windows

Step by step
1) Download
2) Extract to a folder on your Desktop, eg: NSP-Forwarder. Then copy your prod.keys file into it.
3) Press [Window]+R, then type cmd, press Enter to open Command Prompt
4) Type cd, [Space], then drag the NSP-Forwarder folder into the Command Prompt windows, press Enter
5) Type build APP_NAME ICON_PATH NRO_PATH then press Enter
- APP_NAME = Display name of the your app
- ICON_PATH = Path of icon file
- NRO_PATH = Path to the nro file
- You can drag the icon file into the Command Prompt instead of typing the path

Example
build DBI C:\Users\ZZZ\Desktop\icon.jpg /switch/DBI.nro

It will build the NSP file and places it into the NSP folder

EDIT: If you have problem with DLL file, try to install MSYS2 -
EDIT2: I've attached some NSPs I built for myself
I used your retro arch nsp since I could not figure out how to make or install my own. I keep getting "?" for icons and the generic this was closed because an error every time I try.

My RetroArch fails to close properly when using (installing) your nsp file. Is that typical behavior now since typical things (games) that would be on one's main screen do not have any internal quit functions?

small side note, this forum allows you to post 1,000 url links in your messages but I can not quote your message in my own without removing all the links?

Olinnae1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you need to decompile the nsp and extract the control.nacp file, then you used hxh a hex editor and edit the nacp file in offset 0x3035 the possible values are the following 00 = video recording not permitted, 01 = manual recording, and 02 = force recording. then you rebuild nsp and that's it.
@Meliodas2255

You think you can explain in more detail on how to do this using jakcrons nstool that @impeeza posted? I am having a hell of a time trying to figure this out. I am not program savvy at all, I don't really understand what the 'Usage' instructions are saying to me. But I think If you can describe to me how to 'decompile the nsp and extract the control.nacp file and rebuild the NSP,' I can figure out the rest on my own.
Thanks in advance!

Olinnae

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is more easy to use SAK for generate the forwarder, SAK have a GUI to select video/picture capture.
I came to ask you this without realizing you replied to me already. I actually found your earlier comment saying this and you linked SAK,
so I've been doing that but having issues with is. No NSP I make with SAK is working, any NSP I build Isn't recognized by the switch and it endless loads no image and can't be opened. Usually that's a sig patch thing but I also know Nro2Nsp doesn't work because It doesn't support firmware 12+. Does Switch Army Knife not support FW 15.0.0 perhaps? Maybe I'm missing a sig patch?
Post automatically merged:

@impeeza
I figured it out just now. It was my image file, it was too big. Adjusted it and it works just fine. I didn't think that would cause it to not work. So just in case anyone sees this and has my same issue.

However I have a new problem, the recording does work but it's with no sound. Honestly not too bad, but if you or anyone else know how to fix the sound then that would be great

Last edited by Olinnae,

FabiiV7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I came to ask you this without realizing you replied to me already. I actually found your earlier comment saying this and you linked SAK,
so I've been doing that but having issues with is. No NSP I make with SAK is working, any NSP I build Isn't recognized by the switch and it endless loads no image and can't be opened. Usually that's a sig patch thing but I also know Nro2Nsp doesn't work because It doesn't support firmware 12+. Does Switch Army Knife not support FW 15.0.0 perhaps? Maybe I'm missing a sig patch?
Post automatically merged:

@impeeza
I figured it out just now. It was my image file, it was too big. Adjusted it and it works just fine. I didn't think that would cause it to not work. So just in case anyone sees this and has my same issue.

However I have a new problem, the recording does work but it's with no sound. Honestly not too bad, but if you or anyone else know how to fix the sound then that would be great
youve got SAK working on Firmware 15?

NVM
some works and some dont
strange

Last edited by FabiiV7,

Olinnae

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
youve got SAK working on Firmware 15?

NVM
some works and some dont
strange
My problem wasn't firmware related or sig patch related like I thought. The image file I uploaded for the logo was too big. Apparently SAK is very picky on the size. Too small and the image will just be a question mark but the NSP will still run, too big and the whole NSP will not run at all. Make sure your image file is 256x256 JPG. I use this website to convert my images- oh I can't post links yet but its "convert-my-image dot com." I'm sure there are regular programs that convert images but this site was convenient for me

Edit: Oh and the sound issue was specific to the NRO I was forwarding, it just happened to be the first one I tried. All the other ones I made recorded with sound just fine

PRAGMA

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
Can somebody update hbmenu nsp to the latest version?
Old version was 2.4.1, new is 2.4.3. Here is OG link he posted https://gbatemp.net/threads/homebrew-menu-nsp-updated.588319/
I've attached one made with my script. Icon and everything is perfect. IT expects the NRO to be at `/hbmenu.nro`

Anyone who needs a reliable NRO to NSP forwarder, take a look here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/nton-yet-another-nro-to-nsp-forwarder-for-v12-0-0.621619/

https://github.com/rlaphoenix/nton

Attachments

• Homebrew Menu by switchbrew [010d6fd3b35cd000].zip
    334.5 KB · Views: 96
Last edited by PRAGMA,

GrassWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand any of this but i really want to. I'm not a person who can learn like this (reading instructions) call me what you want it is what it is but am willing to pay for someone to show me a video how to do all of this or to make one i dont care i fully willing to do it. i cant figure out what im doing wrong. i cant get the program working. does anyone have a video they can show me. (English nit my first language)

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand any of this but i really want to. I'm not a person who can learn like this (reading instructions) call me what you want it is what it is but am willing to pay for someone to show me a video how to do all of this or to make one i dont care i fully willing to do it. i cant figure out what im doing wrong. i cant get the program working. does anyone have a video they can show me. (English nit my first language)
if you want something easier to use, i suggest SAK

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yeah agreed