NSA's hacking tools leaked.

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Zero72463, Apr 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zero72463
    OP

Zero72463 GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 27, 2016
    United States
    d.jpg

A hacking group known as the "Shadow Brokers" on Friday published a large collection of spy tools said to be used by the NSA. Experts claim they are damaging. One collection of 15 vulnerabilities/exploits contained at least four Windows hacks researchers have already replicated. Microsoft claimed the exploits had been patched in previous updates, or are not able to be replicated on supported platforms. Windows users should double check and make sure there software is up to date. If you are on Windows 7 or lower you should update to Windows 7 or newer. Now, US intelligence agencies have to deal with very serious disclosure with their own hacking tools. Wikileaks allegedly provided details on the stolen vulnerabilities used by CIA. Today the "Shadow Brokers" publicly released Windows exploits allegedly the NSA use. They also dumped Unix-based attacks and exploits for breaking into hardware firewalls.

This being said hackers could've had tools to steal our info for a very long time, but the CIA and NSA didn't tell any company at risk of these exploits and the leakage of their tools. For months hackers have had these tools with them and could have easily used them. Things have been leaked before that were confidential, SDKs, documents, and hacks. This is far worse leaks directly from government themselves sounds awful. I will be providing some NSA related videos about the situation here and just some interesting ones. Enjoy! PLEASE make sure you are on the latest update for whatever Windows version you use.

(Please note in the video above the download link was taken down so you can't download it anymore from that video, I think...)

Sorry for this thread being very long a mod can edit this is he/she wants to. I couldn't find good videos about this situation. Keemstar made one, but I won't bother with that.

SOURCE
    SOURCE

Last edited by Zero72463, Apr 16, 2017
    peteruk likes this.
  2. nero99

nero99 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 18, 2014
    United States
    I'd go find the downloads, but I'd rather not have the government throw me in federal prison. Sounds highly illegal to even own those tools.

8BitWonder and Zero72463 like this.
  3. Zero72463
    OP

Zero72463 GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 27, 2016
    United States
    Yeah lol, now that we know our ISPs are selling our search history whats the point? :rofl2:
    These exploits will be patched before you know it (most are already).

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I don't think it's illegal to own something that was leaked by someone else. Cause even in court you could prove that these files were previously leaked files. I am not good at legal crap anyways so I wouldn't know lol.

4. 8BitWonder

8BitWonder Small Homebrew Dev

Jan 23, 2016
    United States
    47 4F 54 20 45 45 4D
    Try telling that to Ninty. ;)

nero99 likes this.
  5. Zero72463
    OP

Zero72463 GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 27, 2016
    United States
    What happened with Nintendo?

6. 8BitWonder

8BitWonder Small Homebrew Dev

Jan 23, 2016
    United States
    47 4F 54 20 45 45 4D
    Their games, sdk, development apps and firmwares get leaked. RE'd and then used by this community. (To make awesome things!)

Zero72463 likes this.
  7. Zero72463
    OP

Zero72463 GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 27, 2016
    United States
    I meant in the sense of owning them, actually using them for hacking is completely different. That is illegal, but simply owning something already leaked isn't. As far as I know thats the case. Nintendo has the right to go into court if someone RE'd a leaked SDK or hacked any dev. applications. But we are talking government, so it probably has some bad effect owning these tools even if you don't use them tbh, but I can't say for certain. I don't recommend anyone to try and find these files.

8. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    So, erm...if someone uses these to obtain Trump's tax returns...is he doing something illegal or something patriotic? :unsure:

According to his own words, nobody still cares about that, but the government obviously can't prosecute someone without proving their boss wrong in the process.

9. LightyKD

LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA
    F*ck Windows :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:. BTW, is this confirmation that Liara from Mass effect exist?! I'd let that hot Asari, wreak havoc on the Internet any day of the week :wub:

spiderman1216 likes this.
  10. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.