Now Wii Apps Beind Dumped

CYatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jalaneme said:
yep, i knew about this opera release earlier today but there is no point announcing it as it can't be used yet.
They're not "announcing" it. They just, released it. They probably didn't even tell anyone about it. I'm almost certain people who report releases just find them for themselves in their little private FTPS. So basically, they don't care. Read the info, they don't even like people like us, so who cares.

Also, no point? I'm sure this statement has been made with every "first" release of something that ends up being used, but I'm sure that can be argued. The sooner people have their hands on these files, the closer we are to some sort of hack, emulator or something. Pure speculation, but I'm just saying. Almost everything is dumped before it's even able to be used.

On another note, looking at the 5.app in the dk rls file in hex, i saw gif headers along with html for the instructions manual you access via the home button.

edit2mq4.gif

I managed to manually extract a few random images, but it was a pain to do individually. I was trying to cook up a macro in my hex editor for extracting the html and gifs from the file to recreate the instruction manual, but i just couldn't think up a good way to do it.

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
underpressure116 said:
Arctic_Flame, you have no clue what you are talking about. You don't run this on a disk with Trucha Signer, you use the Twilight Hack. Also, WADs aren't something new to the Wii, so there are already WAD creators out there and I'm sure one will come for the Wii very soon.

Thankfully, I research my claims before stating them. The "Trucha Signer" strncmp bug applies to the whole Wii menu, including channels.

WAD is a generic file extension. I guess we know what's in a file by its extension now!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lulz @Veho