Hacking Nothing launches after orig ios36 install. HELP!!

HippyG

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys. I have modded several Wii's before included my own and have been following the scene since its started. But my friends Wii is giving my some GIGANTIC problems.

Heres my situation: The recently purchased Wii was at 4.0 and I hacked it through bannerbomb (I have a nand backup) and then TBR. From there I installed cIOS rev17. Then I tested out a backup launcher (neogamma), which didn't work. The DVDs were burned correctly as I tested them on my own wii.

SO, from there I updated to 4.2 with Waninkokos firmware updater (made my homebrew channel flip upside down) and then installed cIOSCORP. Disks STILL wouldn't load from the disk channel or neogamma. From there I was really confused because I have never had this problem before. I followed ALL the guides correctly and cIOS installed successfully. Anyways, I tried to flip the Homebrew channel right-side up by re installing IOS36 and then I go to rerun the Hackmii installer to find ABSOLUTELY NO HOMEBREW WOULD RUN. Not even from Bannerbomb. Everything gives me a black screen and disconnects controllers, Although Homebrew Channel is still here, obviously.

I tried running cboot2 wad manager (lol LU64 days), and that ALMOST worked. I got a flashing screen with text that I couldn't read, but didn't launch the wad manager.

If someone can successfully guide me through how to fix this for my friend (get homebrew working then backups), I will donate $5 to them through paypal. If you don't have paypal, I will donate to the developer of your choice. Also, I don't have access to the Wii currently, but will send him this thread to follow. Once it works, you can PM me to receive your reward. To prove I won't scam you, my email is 13 connor @ g mail.com and my twitter is @lachrym0se.

Thanks for reading.

Davess

On the list :D (Thanks Haflore)
Trophies
Website
www.daviddavid.webs.com
XP
Country
Canada
HippyG said:
Hi guys. I have modded several Wii's before included my own and have been following the scene since its started. But my friends Wii is giving my some GIGANTIC problems.

Heres my situation: The recently purchased Wii was at 4.0 and I hacked it through bannerbomb (I have a nand backup) and then TBR. From there I installed cIOS rev17. Then I tested out a backup launcher (neogamma), which didn't work. The DVDs were burned correctly as I tested them on my own wii.

SO, from there I updated to 4.2 with Waninkokos firmware updater (made my homebrew channel flip upside down) and then installed cIOSCORP. Disks STILL wouldn't load from the disk channel or neogamma. From there I was really confused because I have never had this problem before. I followed ALL the guides correctly and cIOS installed successfully. Anyways, I tried to flip the Homebrew channel right-side up by re installing IOS36 and then I go to rerun the Hackmii installer to find ABSOLUTELY NO HOMEBREW WOULD RUN. Not even from Bannerbomb. Everything gives me a black screen and disconnects controllers, Although Homebrew Channel is still here, obviously.

I tried running cboot2 wad manager (lol LU64 days), and that ALMOST worked. I got a flashing screen with text that I couldn't read, but didn't launch the wad manager.

If someone can successfully guide me through how to fix this for my friend (get homebrew working then backups), I will donate $5 to them through paypal. If you don't have paypal, I will donate to the developer of your choice. Also, I don't have access to the Wii currently, but will send him this thread to follow. Once it works, you can PM me to receive your reward. To prove I won't scam you, my email is 13 connor @ g mail.com and my twitter is @lachrym0se.

Thanks for reading.
Have you truncha bug installed? (good for homebrew?)

Here:
http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/ha.../trucha-bug-4-2

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like the Wii has the D3-2 drive. (D3-2 drives cannot play non-Nintendo discs at all. Either swap the drive for an older one, or forget disc backups.)

Bannerbomb isn't meant solely for the HackMii installer, you know. Try running Dop-IOS MOD to fix your CORP'd IOS36 (or whatever that copy of the Homebrew Channel uses).

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
Hmm people still recommending installing IOS36-64-v1042, your problem more than likely is, that old version IOS36 is not compatible with your newer wii. Their might be a better safer way to fix this, but just updating officially fixes the buggered IOS, you'll need to re-hack your wii though, and sense your boot2 is more than likely already boot2v4 this shouldn't be a problem

hatredg0d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sounds like he has the new Wii DVD drives that cant read backup disks. they removed the chip that was being exploited to allow reading DVD's in video mode.

HippyG

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Dovess: TBR wouldn't load. Just a black screen.
@Dialexio: I read about those drives but I thought there was a solution out, due to the guides not mentioning it at all. I tried loading other things besides the hackmii installer, but everything gave a black screen.
@Blackace: That was my original thought, but i'm already on 4.2. Perhaps I have to wait for a nwe update and hope that gets hacked.

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
HippyG said:
@Dovess: TBR wouldn't load. Just a black screen.
@Dialexio: I read about those drives but I thought there was a solution out, due to the guides not mentioning it at all. I tried loading other things besides the hackmii installer, but everything gave a black screen.
@Blackace: That was my original thought, but i'm already on 4.2. Perhaps I have to wait for a nwe update and hope that gets hacked.
Your Wii will still update Online just use test connection and it should prompt for a update if anyone else has a better solution to fix your buggered IOS36 besides updating follow that instead

HippyG

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also have a nand backup of back when I was on 4.0 and tried to restore that with bootmii, but it was like "Boot not installed, very dangerous, etc... Press A, B, X Y to continue with risks!" But obviously those buttons can't be pressed so I couldn't restore my nand... which is the main feature of bootmii, thanks TTs.

HippyG

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@BlackAce: So it will update itself back to its original firmware? (4.2) I wasn't aware that was possible. I'll get my friend to test it out.

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
HippyG said:
@BlackAce: So it will update itself back to its original firmware? (4.2) I wasn't aware that was possible. I'll get my friend to test it out.
Since the Wii is corp'd, it will not. cIOSCORP gives the IOSes it touches the highest version possible, so Nintendo is unable to modify them.

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dialexio said:
HippyG said:
Since the Wii is corp'd, it will not. cIOSCORP gives the IOSes it touches the highest version possible, so Nintendo is unable to modify them.
Why not just use the cIOSCORP uninstaller it'll give you the correct IOS's IOS36 included

HippyG

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@longtom1: (lol at name) No apps will run.
@BlackAce: Okay, hes going to try and update now. Will update asap.

btw, thanks everyone. I always loved this communities fast response time. Especially when money is involved, lol

Update: ok it updating. This will uninstall cIOSCORP, correct? I don't need it anyways because apparently this dvd drive can't be modded. Is is possible in the future for a solution to be found? Or is it hardware based?

HippyG

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Davess: Blackace does. You only suggested TBR, which I stated that no programs loadeded. Blackace was very informative on how the ios was an older version and thats why it wouldn't work. Thanks for your input though.

Homebrew is launching. I can take it from here. Blackace, pm me your paypal address.

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
HippyG said:
@longtom1: (lol at name) No apps will run.
@BlackAce: Okay, hes going to try and update now. Will update asap.

btw, thanks everyone. I always loved this communities fast response time. Especially when money is involved, lol

Update: ok it updating. This will uninstall cIOSCORP, correct? I don't need it anyways because apparently this dvd drive can't be modded. Is is possible in the future for a solution to be found? Or is it hardware based?
No it wont remove cioscorp, but it should fix your Old version IOS36 you installed, after the update you should be able to use bannerbomb to re-hack the wii then use cioscorp uninstaller to remove cioscorp completely.
edit: Not worried about the money glad you got it fixed

HippyG

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I appreciate your generosity. If you ever need any help with game development in OpenGL, or Xbox360 hacking (Jtag or dvd drive) I have experience in both. Feel free to contact me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.