Not upgrading + plex question

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by kenenthk, Feb 10, 2015.

1. kenenthk
    OP

kenenthk Custom Title

May 26, 2013
    Burkina Faso
    Hey all, when I buy my new 3ds xl I'm not going to update it for obvious reasons, but my question is can I still not update and use the browser to connect to my plex ip? I saw a video of someone connecting to their plex ip via the web browser. I know it's not ideal to watch things on just want to try it out.

Margen67 likes this.
  2. Maximilious

Maximilious GBAtemp Addict

Nov 21, 2014
    United States
    The browser should still work over wifi. I have a 9.2 sysNAND and I can try today if you'd like, but the browser and internet still work fine on it so I imagine Plex will as well.

3. kenenthk
    OP

kenenthk Custom Title

May 26, 2013
    Burkina Faso
    Thanks let me know what you find out. :)

Margen67 likes this.
  4. Maximilious

Maximilious GBAtemp Addict

Nov 21, 2014
    United States
    Well, I could get to Plex in the browser, but the page didn't really load. It showed just a white screen for me. Perhaps your luck will be better as I have a lot of content on a network NAS hosted off my PC which is why it may not have loaded.

5. kenenthk
    OP

kenenthk Custom Title

May 26, 2013
    Burkina Faso
    It might load a bit better with that faster cpu as well, just wanted to confirm I could use the browser without updating. I'll go ahead and try it. Thanks for checking

Margen67 likes this.