Hacking Not Sure What To Do Now (softmod)

glair

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I did the twilight hack for 3.4u systems it installed the homebrew channel automatically (beta9)

Then I used the offline method for downgrading to 3.2u and that’s where I’m at now.
I tried to install starfall but it failed. I installed Backup Channel Gamma 002fix but tying to run a game gives error code (349)

this Is what I did so far

1. run cIOS36_rev7-Installer - install IOS36-64-v1042.wad (gave an error message (install ticket error - ret 2011 i think) but then said it installed successfully)

2. WADManager_v1.3 - install - Backup Channel Gamma 002fix.wad (done)

3. Load game - error code (349)

what should I do?

(other things I have tried)

I used IOS_Uninstaller_v1.1 it said it uninstalled something, still got error - ret 2011 with cIOS36_rev7. tried IOS_Uninstaller again, says I have no cIOS's to uninstall. I used AnyTitle Deleter MOD v2 to try and find IOS249 but its not there (I found IOS254, should I remove that?)

*Edit*

I did it! by random chance I found out that you need to use a special sequence of IOS wads and installers. I need to take a break now but I'll try to remember everything I did so it can help others. I almost gave up! (and I did it all without a wii network connection!).

Backup Channel Gamma 002fix is loading games now, will need to test more later.

thanks for tring to help guys. I really appreciate it.

AsosaYoung

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off! If you don't know what your doing then don't use AnyTitle Deleter you could delete stuff that will brick your Wii FOREVER.

Well maybe not forever but a long time.

K

Kurisuellegarden

Do not remove ANY IOS.

Restart the process with the SOFTMII package and do it straight from the beginning, even the downgrade.

You're using the backup launcher gamma. If you want softmii, there's a site with it. =]

glair

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kurisuellegarden said:
Do not remove ANY IOS.

Restart the process with the SOFTMII package and do it straight from the beginning, even the downgrade.

You're using the backup launcher gamma. If you want softmii, there's a site with it. =]

I heard SOFTMII was not a good thing to use, are you sure its OK to try it after I've already softmoded my wii?

also, I have no way of connecting my wii to the internet so I can't use an online downgrader (like Any Region changer).

still not sure what to do...

(also the offline method I used was post by victory on this blog http://www.victory144.blogspot.com/)

*edit* this page has info on the IOS's files http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_status

it looks like I have a *slightly newer* version of 3.4u that makes things harder...

K

Kurisuellegarden

SoftMii is safe to use now. =] Your slight newer version of firmware shouldn't be a problem.
biggrin.gif

glair

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my system menu says 3.2u should I just try to install softmii with that or do I have to do something online? (have no way of connecting my wii). (what will happen if I try to setup softmii without online?).

AsosaYoung said:
Even with SoftMii to be Complete you need wifi.

For 1 thing the Home brew channel is at 1.0.1

Enter!

also how do I update HBC offline?

AsosaYoung

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't have Wifi that's is the problem.
The HBC updates from it.
Any Region Changer most def needs it.
So get some WIFI!

glair

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nobody I know has wifi unfortunately... so that just leaves me. I haven't priced it out but getting a decent (reliable) wifi setup should likely run upwards of $50 correct?

Perhaps I should use that money on one of those new solderless drivekey mod chips? everything I've been reading online tells me that error - ret 2011 is the kiss of death for a softmod no matter what I do.

or should I take this wii back to the store and try to find an older one from a used game shop?

glair

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did it! by random chance I found out that you need to use a special sequence of IOS wads and installers. I need to take a break now but I'll try to remember everything I did so it can help others. I almost gave up! (and I did it all without a wii network connection!).

Backup Channel Gamma 002fix is loading games now, will need to test more later.

thanks for tring to help guys. I really appreciate it.

f0rty0z

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you should save and buy a wireless router. It will make your life alot easyer. With out it you are missing out on homebrew channels and more.
To me not having wifi is like not having electricity.......... I don't know what I would do with out it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @ZeroT21, not yet