Not happy with my system right now...

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by mattisgoku, Jun 19, 2011.

Jun 19, 2011
  1. mattisgoku
    OP

Newcomer mattisgoku Member

United States
    I was playing Pokemon White and the system turned completely off out of nowhere.
    And before anyone asks, yes the system had plenty of battery, I'm not stupid I'd know if that was the problem...
    Any similar problems? And can I even trust my system to never do that again?

2. heartgold

Member heartgold GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Were you playing the game on a flashcart? My DSi sometimes randomly turns off when I'm playing from a flashcart.

3. mattisgoku
    OP

United States
    Nope, it was a legit cart.

4. machomuu

Member machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    I don't see how that's at all like turkey.

5. Schlupi

Member Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniacâ„¢

United States
    I have a feeling either Mattisgoku or [censored]man (I am offended by your username, by the way, I hope somebody does something about it) is trolling.

Anyways, I have not had any issues with my 3DS, I am loving it. Maybe you're just jelly because you don't have any good games for it? [​IMG]

6. mdlmemorybank

Newcomer mdlmemorybank Advanced Member

United States
    well turkey's are in 3d maybe thats the connection hmmm next time i see one i should try to play some games on it before it pecks my eyes out

7. Vulpes Abnocto

Former Staff Vulpes Abnocto Drinks, Knows Things

United States
    Schlupi: It was a duplicate account of a well known jackass.
    I've spambotted him numerous times today.

Some people need better things to do with their time.

8. mattisgoku
    OP

United States
    I don't even know what trolling is to be honest. I just wanted to tell people about it and see if it's a permanent thing or it was just completely unlucky for me.
    And you're offended by my username?

9. Vulpes Abnocto

Former Staff Vulpes Abnocto Drinks, Knows Things

United States
    mattisgoku: He was not referring to your username.

10. mattisgoku
    OP

United States
    Ok good. So has anyone else had such a problem with the 3ds or is it just me?

11. mdlmemorybank

Newcomer mdlmemorybank Advanced Member

United States
    the only problems i have had is with the smudges form the bottom screen on the top screen,my 16gig sd card randomly not reading some times in the music app, waiting for the music to load the first time in the music app and there being no way to play your own video yet, other then that I think this hand held is a great upgrade from the DS light for me [​IMG]
    btw get the Nyko powerpak+ for the 3Ds,once you have that the battery is not much of a bother anymore [​IMG]

12. Schlupi

Member Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniacâ„¢

United States
    Thanks, I appreciate it. I could tell from the first post he was just here to troll.

Sorry, Mattisgoku, I didn't mean to confuse or offend you. I agree, to some extent; the 3DS does have several cometic flaws and issues, but some people blow them out of proportion. If you're having any issues, you should contact Nintendo and ask them about it before your warantee is up (extend it by 90 days when you register it in Club Nintendo!) and they SHOULD fix most issues you have for free.

I think the biggest thing about it that bothers me is the whole screen scratching thing; I had put screen protectors on the second it came out the box, so I haven't had issues with it, but to those consumers who did I think Nintendo should do SOMETHING about it. I heard representatives were refusing to replace the screens, which isn't right; it's throws me back to the whole deadly hinge crack "COMETIC FLAW" that ruined two of my DS Lites. It was the first step to them falling apart... >_>

13. mattisgoku
    OP

United States
    mdlmemorybank - My problem shouldn't be the battery though since it's more than half charged.
    Schlupi - It's ok. Up until now it's been fine though. And the weird thing about it turning off is that when you normally hit the power button while playing a ds game, it stops that game and asks if you want to turn off the system completely. However, in this case it just turned off completely. I'll contact Nintendo and see if they can help.
    Thanks to everyone [​IMG]

14. SamAsh07

Member SamAsh07 GBAtemp Addict

Bahrain
    @mattisgoku - I'm definitely sure you pressed the Power Button thinking it was the Start button because of the way you used to play your DSL/DSi.

If you are playing a DS/DSi original cart on the 3DS, it turns off completely like any other DSL/DSi when you press the Power Button

15. mattisgoku
    OP

United States
    I didn't and I'm sure of it. When you press the power button while playing a DS game, that game turns off, and a screens comes up asking about putting the system in sleep mode and at the bottom screen it says "Software closed." However, when my 3DS turned off that screen did not appear and the battery light was no longer on.

16. DiscostewSM

Member DiscostewSM GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    If possible, try playing it while having the unit plugged in. If you keep experiencing the problem, then the system might be faulty. But, if the problems ceases to come up with this method, then maybe it's just the battery, like a connection problem.

17. mattisgoku
    OP

United States
    But I have played the game before from fully charged all the way to red battery light without any issues.

18. m3rox

Member m3rox GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I think the question that needs to be asked here is:

OP, what have you done to your 3DS that might cause this?

Because this doesn't just "happen" out of the blue.

19. mattisgoku
    OP

United States
    Umm, not sure what you mean by what have I done to it. It's on the latest software update, I don't have any flashcarts to use for it so I didn't do that. And I haven't tinkered at all with the system's hardware.

20. m3rox

Member m3rox GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Has the system been dropped? Thrown? Under heavy pressure? Gotten wet?