Hacking nooob question

r3ddevil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i havent used my 3ds since freeshop closed and right now my gm9 is v1.2.8 and my luma is v9.0 so i was wondering if there are any new updated version and how to update them etc?

r3ddevil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE="Shadow#1, post: 8834529, member: 32185"]Manual update[/QUOTE]
so for the last step this is what it wants me to do but i got a total of 5 files not 4 I ALREADY DELETED TH .SHA ANDONE OF THE BIN FILES
  1. Copy <date>_<serialnumber>_sysnand_###.bin, <date>_<serialnumber>_sysnand_###.bin.sha, essential.exefs, and boot9.bin from the /gm9/out/ folder on your SD card to a safe location on your computer
    • Make backups in multiple locations (such as online file storage)
    • These backups will save you from a brick and/or help you recover files from the NAND image if anything goes wrong in the future
  2. Delete <date>_<serialnumber>_sysnand_###.bin and <date>_<serialnumber>_sysnand_###.bin.sha from the /gm9/out/ folder on your SD card after copying it

Attachments

• Untitled1.png
    Untitled1.png
    198.4 KB · Views: 237
Last edited by r3ddevil,

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE="Shadow#1, post: 8834529, member: 32185"]Manual update
so for the last step this is what it wants me to do but i got a total of 5 files not 4 I ALREADY DELETED TH .SHA ANDONE OF THE BIN FILES
  1. Copy <date>_<serialnumber>_sysnand_###.bin, <date>_<serialnumber>_sysnand_###.bin.sha, essential.exefs, and boot9.bin from the /gm9/out/ folder on your SD card to a safe location on your computer
    • These backups will save you from a brick and/or help you recover files from the NAND image if anything goes wrong in the future
  2. Delete <date>_<serialnumber>_sysnand_###.bin and <date>_<serialnumber>_sysnand_###.bin.sha from the /gm9/out/ folder on your SD card after copying it
[/QUOTE]Replace boot.firm from root of SD card with latest Luma3DS boot.firm v10.0.1

r3ddevil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Replace boot.firm from root of SD card with latest Luma3DS boot.firm v10.0.1[/QUOTE]
ok i did it now does it matter if i delete the following

Q-snip-_sysnand_000.bin
191022_Q-snip-_sysnand_00.bin

Last edited by Quantumcat, , Reason: Removed serial numbers

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
ok i did it now does it matter if i delete the following

Q-snip-_sysnand_000.bin
191022_Q-snip-_sysnand_00.bin
You should back them up on your computer.

Also don't listen to the above that said you have to follow the guide again, you don't, you only need to replace your boot.firm with the latest one.

Reactions: Deleted-236924

r3ddevil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should back them up on your computer.

Also don't listen to the above that said you have to follow the guide again, you don't, you only need to replace your boot.firm with the latest one.
damnit i literally just redid all the steps and i have them back up on my pc so should i delete them from my 3ds?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb