Hacking Noob question

MilleZweird

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I read that nintendo won't release anymore Pokemon games for 3ds, so I thought why not try to make it more fun. I know this has probably been asked 100 of times, but I rather be safe than sorry.

I find altering the N3ds quite hard, and don't know where to begin with. I am from EU and I am have a Nintendo 3ds on firmware 11.10, can this one be tampered with so I can play hacked versions of Pokemon Alpha Sapphire?

MilleZweird

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks. I see my SD-card has to be MBR, I can only see that mine is Fat32. How do I check closer? I only have a mac who can read SD-cards if you know how to check ?

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks. I see my SD-card has to be MBR, I can only see that mine is Fat32. How do I check closer? I only have a mac who can read SD-cards if you know how to check ?
SD-cards have MBR partition scheme by default. If you did not change this to GPT it should be good. But to make sure:
https://apple.stackexchange.com/que...amine-disks-and-their-partitions-via-terminal

Even easier: If the SD is detected by the 3DS (showing "open blocks" in Data Management) the SD has MBR partition table + FAT32 filesystem.

Unfortunately the main guide has not been updated – it still only links to https://smealum.github.io/3ds/#otherapp for the otherapp payload where no working payload for 11.10.0-43E is available. If you are going to use the path "Seedminer + Steelhax + Frogtool" of the guide this will not work for 11.10.0-43E. You find updated payloads for "E" region on this guide:
https://3ds.eiphax.tech/frogminer.html (Click on "I do not have a homebrew entry point")
(Both guides are good and will work, but only use one guide. In any case you will need the updated payload from 3ds.eiphax.tech).

In case you already have bought any DSiWare game, follow the slightly easier "Seedminer + Fredtool" path of the guide.

Good luck and happy hacking.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another Mac user, twinchief, recently had to deal with reformatting his SD card. He somehow managed to get MiniTool Partition Wizard (free edition) to work, presumably with the aid of WINE.
If Path Finder doesn't work, you should be able to use an alternative file manager like Commander One or muCommander [1] for reformatting.

From the land of Debian-based Linux, there's GParted (GNOME Partition Editor) which is said to be cross compatible with Mac. This one requires care and special attention in not messing with the wrong drives.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.