Noob question - Relink NNID after DSiWare and System Transfer

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by titan098, Jan 10, 2017.

1. titan098
    OP

titan098 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2017
    Hi,

I installed A9HL on a n3ds using a DSWare title and a second 3DS with A9HL already installed. I followed 3ds.guide at the time and did a system format on the target 3DS etc. The installation went fine. I was able to do a system transfer to get the NNID back to the source 3DS (the one already installed with A9HL) after 7 days.

When I try to relink the original NNID to the target 3DS it keeps saying that the NNID is already linked to another system. Any idea how I can relink the original NNID back to the target 3DS?

2. squall14716

squall14716 GBAtemp Maniac

May 16, 2011
    United States
    System Transfers move ALL NNIDs from the source system to the destination system. The only way to separate them is to contact Nintendo.

jupitersj likes this.
  3. el_gonz87

el_gonz87 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 24, 2016
    United States
    It got transferred back to the source... Formatting a device sings you out of the NNId, but even NNIDs that are signed out are transferred in a system transfer.

If you wanted to keep NNID on target you should have skipped transfer from target to source, now you will have to transfer back to target but if you want to split NNIDs you will have to call Nintendo.

jupitersj likes this.
  4. titan098
    OP

titan098 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2017
    Thanks!

It wasn't clear in the guide that all the NNIDs get transferred (had I waited a day or so it wouldn't have been a problem I guess). I'll contact Nintendo.