NOOB PSP USER HERE!!!

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Anti, Oct 17, 2009.

Oct 17, 2009

NOOB PSP USER HERE!!! by Anti at 6:10 AM (1,192 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. Anti
    OP

Member Anti GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Could someone link me to a guide site to everything i need to know to hack my soon-to-be psp 1000??

Thanks a lot.

Also I plan to use emulators and junk

Is it also possible to run some psp backups? without a modchip.

Perhaps someone could also find for me a way to modify the hardware to play PS2. I know PSP can;t emulate it. but theres a youtube video of a modded psp playing san andreas.

2. Raiser

Member Raiser I am mad scientist.

Canada
    First off, Google. TONS of reliable guides out there.

Secondly, the PSPs don't use modchips. If you do some research, you may stumble upon 'Pandora battery" and "MMS (Magic Memory Stick)". Those're what you need to get CFW. With CFW, you can run emulators, ISOs (PSP games), EBOOTs (PSX games), and any homebrews.

Lastly, the video is fake. I'm shocked at how you think it's real.
    The PSP will NEVER EVER be able to play ANY PS2 games. End.

3. myuusmeow

Member myuusmeow GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    1. Check out the stickies in this forum.
    2. Check out the stickies in this forum. No one uses PSP modchips anymore. Pretty much every iso can be played.
    3. Yeah right. No way. The video is just someone playing a video on the PSP and acting like he's pressing the buttons.

4. fatfrank

Member fatfrank GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    For a psp 1000, all you need is to install a custom firmware, pandora batteries and all are used for more recent psp versions if i remember well.

Type psp 1000 custom firmware in google and bingo.

5. Gluupor

Newcomer Gluupor Member

Germany
    http://alek.dark-alex.org/pspwiki/index.ph...ng_M33_Firmware

tutorial and links on how to install a CFW (M33 in this case, has others as well just look around and read a bit its better to know more before doin stuff anyway)

this has the download links to the firmware (dark alex links to his own site in the tut, which is currently down)
    http://board.gulli.com/thread/1031543-psp-...---downgrade/#8 (its posting #8 in case the link messes up^^)

ill link this one again as well tho its german but it has it all
    http://board.gulli.com/thread/1031543-psp-...en---downgrade/

once u downgraded ur PSP to M33 and updated it back up to the current version 5.00 m33-6 iirc or to 5.50 GEN-B2

u can run all the emulators avail for psp and of course u can run ur game backups

the ps2 on psp thing is completly new to me cuz its not possible to emulate ps2 even on PCs so i would be surprised if the PSP would have enough power to get it done [​IMG]

MOST important thing is READING the GUIDE(S) before actually DOWNGRADING
    there always is a slight chance of bricking ur PSP tho its @ like

6. cracker

Member cracker Nyah!

United States
    @Anti

Hopefully your soon to be PSP is at an early enough firmware that it can be (downgraded to an exploitable firmware and) upgraded to an m33/hen CFW. If not then you will need the Pandora Battery/MMS that Raiser mentioned. It is highly unlikely that the PSP has an older firmware at this point but check the System Settings -> System Information to see what firmware you are at and reply back to see if it is necessary to have a Pandora Battery/MMS.. If you do need it then: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12472

7. Raiser

Member Raiser I am mad scientist.

Canada
    Also, if you feel somewhat confident with doing the whole thing yourself, you can hardmod your original battery yourself to make a Pandora.

Google "PSP Pandora hardmod" and you should get some quick results.

Only do the above if you have NO doubts in what you're doing (which I doubt).

8. cracker

Member cracker Nyah!

United States
    This is a very precision job to do and even if you are careful you can puncture the battery (which will cause a lot of smoke and maybe a fire!). I highly suggest you don't do it since the official PSP batteries are about 30 bucks!

9. Gluupor

Newcomer Gluupor Member

Germany
    i agree w/ cracker u should only consider hardmodding the battery if theres no other way which i doubt cuz its a phatty old 1000 still ^^

rather ur first option should be find a friend(or some1 else in RL) w/ an already cracked pandora capable PSP u wont have to mess up ur own battery then or even buy a pandora battery

fly safe

10. themuddaload

Member themuddaload Creepin' hardcore.

United States
    the person playing san andreas on a psp was likely not pretending to press buttons while watching a vid, but was streaming the video off of his monitor on his computer. theres a homebrew for that, people have shown it doing warcraft, and runescape, and diablo2, all kinds of stuff...

11. antonkan

Member antonkan GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
  12. themuddaload

Member themuddaload Creepin' hardcore.

United States