megazero1x1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone

I'm recently bought an NTSC wii (4.3).
Can someone please direct me to a thread which has noob friendly instructions on how to soft mod my wii to play backups from a USB hdd.

Thank you

jordan_ch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

jordan_ch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
xzxero's guide was good back in the day, but suggesting it's better than Modmii is like heresy. Modmii is the way to go, and it has been for a couple years, now. (Yes, even on a 4.3 wii, any region)
yeah,you're right,i think modmii can only download cios-d2x..system menu..etc before,and now i find modmii can do much more!:P

dbldown768

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The little I read suggested that this upgrade to 4.3 was useful for USB 2.0 and ISO updates.?

If all versions can be softmoded in not sure what the issue might be.

I also read there is some other software they safely updates you to whatever version you want. There was also some priiloader configuration people recommended

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no need to update anything before using Modmii.... Modmii will update things to the best configuration as part of the mod process.

if you were to update before modding...updating will require the use of letterbomb or a game exploit.... if you're on 4.2 or earlier, nothing is easier than bannerbomb for getting started.... after that initial step, Modmii will upgrade your IOSes to the ones which come with 4.3.1...though it will recommend only bringing your system menu version itself to 4.1 or leaving it at 4.2. the system menu versions after 4.1 only remove features, however insignificant those features may be. USB 2.0 is an IOS58 feature and isn't tied to the system menu version at all....IOS58 came with the proper Nintendo 4.3 update if IRC, which is why the two (USB2.0 and SM4.3) are spoken of together.

Edit: Modmii link is in my sig...

Reactions: dbldown768

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [goes back to 🛌 ] zzzzzzzzzzzzzz +1