Homebrew [Noob] Loading ROMs via SD card?

Bakeed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Helloo! Noob here.
I just found my old Nintendo DS laying in a box filled with old stuff, i opened it and, despite all odds, it still works! i also found my old r4 i used to play games with, and i wanted to play one just for the sake of it. Unfortunatley the r4 was broken and it doesen't work... so i was wandering if there was a way to play games with the SD card. Now i have done some reaserch and i have no idea what a hardmod or a NAND something dump is, i'm a total noob. If you're willing to help it would be really nice :D
Here is some info:
-DS XL
-1.4.5E
-Europe version
-I have flipnote(since i saw there was a flipnote hack or something)
-It's the Super Mario bros 25th anniversaty version(don't know if it changes anything but just in case)
-aaand yeah that's about it
Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Deleted User

Xathya

residence aparents trols of temps
Banned
Trophies
Website
knucklestheechidna.com
XP
Country
Australia
Helloo! Noob here.
I just found my old Nintendo DS laying in a box filled with old stuff, i opened it and, despite all odds, it still works! i also found my old r4 i used to play games with, and i wanted to play one just for the sake of it. Unfortunatley the r4 was broken and it doesen't work... so i was wandering if there was a way to play games with the SD card. Now i have done some reaserch and i have no idea what a hardmod or a NAND something dump is, i'm a total noob. If you're willing to help it would be really nice :D
Here is some info:
-DS XL
-1.4.5E
-Europe version
-It's the Super Mario bros 25th anniversaty version(don't know if it changes anything but just in case)
Thanks in advance!
no you cant play rom proper you can use hax with twloader but very unstables and very not suits for play..

Oleboy555

Trophies
Website
3ds.guide
XP
Country
Netherlands
Helloo! Noob here.
Here is some info:
-DS XL
-1.4.5E
-Europe version
Thanks in advance!
your going to have to wait for ugopwn (flipnotehax) to release for european systems, or do a hardmod

Bakeed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
your going to have to wait for ugopwn (flipnotehax) to release for european systems, or do a hardmod
How does this hardmod work? does it require a lot of hardware skills? i tried searching for a tutorial but weirdly enough i couldn't find it despite being something so popoular(maybe i'm searching the wrong stuff)

Arnold0

Trophies
Website
arnold0.com
XP
Country
France
Hi,

Hard mod requires soldering wires onto very small points on the motherboard of the DSi to read its nand on PC. It is pretty hard to do. Otherwise ugopwn (Flipnote exploit) is supposedly releasing soon for European DSi.

Both of these methods will not be optimal to play DS games. TWLoader exists but I doubt a
lot of games will work, and if they do loading times will probably be very long because the DSi doesn't have a lot of ram usable as cache compared to the 3DS I think.

If you really want to play your best bet is to get a new flash card like a DStwo or R4i they are not very expensive and the compatibility is very good.

Last edited by Arnold0,
D

Deleted User

Helloo! Noob here.
Here is some info:
-DS XL
-1.4.5E
-Europe version
Thanks in advance!
Helloo! Noob here.
Here is some info:
-DS XL
-1.4.5E
-Europe version
Thanks in advance!
Yeah, you might want a new one. You also need to put R4 files for it, which you can find them on their website. :)

Bakeed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
First off, thanks so much for all the answers, they really helped me out :P
Also, tomorrow i'm going to search in my old garage for a new r4 because i just remembered i had two of them. Let's hope that works!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hi,

Hard mod requires soldering wires onto very small points on the motherboard of the DSi to read its nand on PC. It is pretty hard to do. Otherwise ugopwn (Flipnote exploit) is supposedly releasing soon for European DSi.

Both of these methods will not be optimal to play DS games. TWLoader exists but I doubt a
lot of games will work, and if they do loading times will probably be very long because the DSi doesn't have a lot of ram usable as cache compared to the 3DS I think.

If you really want to play your best bet is to get a new flash card like a DStwo or R4i they are not very expensive and the compatibility is very good.

Thanks for the info!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.