Noob Hack and firmware questions

Pokpoko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, so I have a ps4 below the 9.00 firmware and I want to update to 9.00. I think it is by usb but do you know where can I download the 9.00 firmware without any risk for the console ?
Also, I live in europe so the ps4 is from europe, is the file update the same for america and Europe ? Because I saw somoeone said there is a size difference.

Also, where can I find a good guide hack for 9.00 ?

Thanks

Last edited by Pokpoko,

Pokpoko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks but the jailbreak need the console to be online but I don’t want to risk the console to update or to be banned online. Is it possible to do that offline to not risk anything ?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Instruction on how to update is in the PS4 exploit guide, you can find firmware on that darthsternie site, use the official firmware if you are updating from a lower firmware to a higher firmware.

Reactions: KiiWii

Pokpoko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Someone said that on Reddit, is it false ? :

Attachments

• 37C73027-C190-45BE-85EF-7EC82BFCB1FC.jpeg
    37C73027-C190-45BE-85EF-7EC82BFCB1FC.jpeg
    470.3 KB · Views: 36

Pokpoko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks, to jailbreak the ps4, do you if it’s possible to do offline ? I don’t want to connect my ps4 to internet so I can’t be banned and so the ps4 can’t update

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean if my ps4 is online, sony can find the jailbreak files and ban me online even before I go on PSN. Did you mean can’t go or can go ?

Keep it off wifi if you are scared that the firmware would update, just wipe before you go back for online play and you be fine.

Pokpoko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can be on wifi but disable auto system firmware update and use the update blocker payload.
what is "update blocker payload"
Post automatically merged:

But I think I would prefer to never connect the ps4 to internet. is it possible to jailbreak it offline on 9.00 ?
Post automatically merged:

Or at least can I enable Wifi only when I have to enable the jailbreak, can't I ?

Another noob question, where will be stored all of the things I will install ? Let's say I have jailbroken my ps4 with a 8gb usb stick (that is always connected to the PS4) and I install a game with another HDD. Will it be installer on the internal HDD ?

Last edited by Pokpoko,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update blocker doesn't work correctly above 5.05. Just use al azif 's dns. To install cfw offline, you can install the firmware from usb. You can change the location to where things are installed. The last two questions are official ways.

Pokpoko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Update blocker doesn't work correctly above 5.05. Just use al azif 's dns. To install cfw offline, you can install the firmware from usb. You can change the location to where things are installed. The last two questions are official ways.
Thanks for your answer, but the tutorial says « BASIC ONLINE METHODE » then how can you install cfw offline ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: its the emote but ridiculously small