Dead and alive
OP
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
So I managed to get themehax working, and Cakes boots automatically if L is held (well sort of, it goes to a menu that it can be booted from). Unfortunately, now to get into the homebrew launcher is a pain as I'd need to take the sd card out and rename the boot files since it doesn't go to homebrew launcher on boot holding L anymore (which is how I had it for a while).

I have seen screenshots of menus where you can choose where to go on boot. How do you get that to come up? There's lots of tutorials but they're all sort of similar to one another yet conflicting so hard to tell what to do. I was wondering if I could have it this way: on holding nothing, go to Cakes emunand (not starting at the menu thing, straight to emunand), and on holding L (or anything else) go to a menu where I can pick homebrew launcher, Cakes, or Gateway. Or, no menu, and go to homebrew launcher on holding one button and go to sysnand on holding a different button (can use DS profile exploit to get to Gateway).

BTW if there is an official autobooting guide thread, it should be stickied :-) The forum search function is pretty hopeless.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I have seen screenshots of menus where you can choose where to go on boot. How do you get that to come up?

You're probably looking for this: https://gbatemp.net/threads/ctrbootmanager-3ds-boot-manager-loader-homemenuhax.398383/

You use that as your primary boot.3dsx file, instead of the HB Launcher/CFW, and then set it up to autoboot whatever you want. There's another one that does only button presses with no menu (IIRC), https://gbatemp.net/threads/re-release-bootctr-a-simple-boot-manager-for-3ds.401630/.

I believe either manager should be able to do what you want.

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally have ALL the CFW lined up on CTR boot manager, along with homebrew launcher. So I can use just about any CFW I want at anytime.
I know that's pointless, but I feel satisfied :P

BootCTR sounds nice. But you can achieve the same thing with CTR boot manager. I have it setup in a way that it automatically loads into Gateway in 3 seconds, unless I want to scroll down and choose Rxtools or something. I can hold L to boot into sysnand while booting. And I can choose homebrew launcher from the CTR boot manager menu if I needed that instead.

Top it all off with a custom menuhax boot screen.

Edit: According to bootCTR, it solves a problem with boot rate. Plus if I wanted other CFW I can simply go to homebrew launcher and launch them from there. Maybe I should try boot CTR.

Edit2: I havent noticed any bad boot rates with CTR boot manager, but that's because I don't point to .3dsx files. I point to the CFW's .dat file. I DO HOWEVER notice Gateway's boot rate when used with a .3dsx file though. For some reason it doesn't want to boot from a launcher.dat.

Last edited by MattKimura,
Reactions: Aerocool

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got Boot CTR working perfectly, I just had a user error. L loads up homebrew Launcher, R loads up ReiNand. Pressing nothing loads up Gateway.

And +1 on cakes having an option to autoboot instead of going to the menu. You'd have to then hold L if you ever wanted to access it's menu ever again.

Also does someone have the latest cakes that works on emunand 10.3? Can someone PM me the files?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I can put like 90 songs on a CD lol