No wifi connection, GW or sky?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by smasbros, Jan 12, 2015.

1. smasbros
    OP

smasbros GBAtemp Regular

Nov 15, 2014
    I know the GW 3.0 ultra is excellent for 3ds 9.2 , you can just load through SD card pre-loaded the launcher.dat and use the bulit-in browser to visit go.gateway-3ds.com to enter GW3.0 Mode, but I was thinking about if we're out of wifi connection(such as you are on train, bus, outings), how can I play 3ds games easily like sky3ds with plug and play?

2. thedarkmesh

thedarkmesh Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2014
    Clayton North, Victoria
    After the update the exploit for 9.2 is really to be used to downgrade to 4.5 firmware. but if you want to use the new exploit there is a way to load it offline via your driod mobile phone without the need for internet connect. Try searching the forums.

3. Ivan Garcia

Ivan Garcia GBAtemp Regular

Nov 8, 2014
    Madrid, Spain
    smasbros and thedarkmesh like this.
  4. smasbros
    OP

smasbros GBAtemp Regular

Nov 15, 2014
    Thank you but will it has iphone app for such loader?

5. Ivan Garcia

Ivan Garcia GBAtemp Regular

Nov 8, 2014
    Madrid, Spain
    I'm currently trying to develop it =) I hope in a few days i will release something, if i cant... i will search someone who wants to make it :D

6. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron
    gamesquest1 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    or as someone else pointed out these are these
    http://www.netstoredirect.com/trans...rd-16gb.html?gclid=CL70h560jsMCFbLKtAodplUAkQ
    an interesting alternative, will be good if someone can get one and confirm it work, but i imagine it should

but basically for any 3DS and 3DS XL you should really just downgrade to 4.x, and then you don't need to worry about having a wifi connection for triggering the exploit

something like a wifi enabled SD card would bea great portable solution for 2DS owners, but the andoid app would be a good free alternative

and unfortunately once the n3DS exploit is out, assuming it will also require a internet connection, afaik there is no wifi enabled microSD cards.....so only portable solution for them would be mobile tethering solutions like the android app