R4Liam

Artsy Dude
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Can anyone help? ever since my laptop randomly broke and had to have the hard drive replaced no videos on youtube have played, all i see is that spinning icon and a black screen. SOmetimes about 1 minuite will load but that is it and it is reallllly annoying me right now does anyone have any ideas as to what i should do to fix this? I have the latest verison of firefox and flash andhave upadated windows fully but I haven't a clue what is going on please help :(

moose3

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Might be a long shot, but try switching to a different DNS source, ie: Google DNS is 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.

I had a similar problem with hulu where I would get a black screen, when the video would start to load, but never would. I tried a ping and tracert to the site chrome said was trying to load (static.huluim.com) and everything was timing out. Switched DNS settings and bingo: videos loaded, server could be pinged

Either a Hulu content server address changed and there was a lag in updating the info on Time Warner's DNS server, or TWC was just trying to screw over another content provider, and it's possible you could be dealing with a similar issue.

Just for info for anyone reading this and not knowing DNS settings are found under network adapter properties>TCP/IPv4 and normally set to obtain automatically, ie: from your router/ISP.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c