NO!! To Black/White screenies

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by CrimzonEyed, Sep 20, 2010.

1. CrimzonEyed
    OP

CrimzonEyed GBAtemp Addict

Sep 3, 2007
    Seem like nintendo don't want us to post screen shots of Pokemon Black/White

Warning: Spoilers inside!
    Source: Bulbapedia

Edit: Maybe should have posted this in user submitted news?

2. Youkai

Youkai Demon

Jul 1, 2004
    Germany
    Germany , NRW
    lol thats so stupid .... seems nintendo is transforming more and more into sony and microsux XD

3. indask8

indask8 New Member Forever

Apr 19, 2007
    France
    Look at the Flag...
    I guess they don't want people to spoil the game before the NA/Euro release, but I don't think every website will remove their contents/screenshot.

Streisand effect anyone?

4. BobTheJoeBob

BobTheJoeBob The most optimistic person on the temp. :)

Aug 2, 2009
    London
    It's not gonna stop video's on Youtube. Personally it shouldn't matter. People who want it spoiled for them will look at them, those who don't simply won't.

5. Fel

Fel GBAtemp's Adventurer

May 5, 2009
    So close and yet so far away.
    They already removed their screenshots, at least on serebii (I didn't check the other one). Few days ago you still could see the new Pokemon, now the pictures aren't there anymore.

But I'm not that much surprised - when I saw B/W's new Pokémon few days ago, I thought:

"What on earth did they do to Pokémon?!! Those are not Pokémon anymore, that's just...something else branded under the name. T_T I mean, how can they pass gears and other things as pkmn of old?"

Although I was kinda hyped for the 5th gen, those new Pkmn change the mood and feel that the original series had even more. I say that they just don't have anymore the flourish and awesomeness they used to have ever since 4th gen, plus partially the 3rd gen.

6. Fluto

Fluto A potato in disguise

Apr 17, 2009
    The Moon
  7. DarkWay

DarkWay tsubasa hiroge

Aug 21, 2008
    Cornwall
    [​IMG]

.......no seriously [​IMG]

They must be ashamed of their own work, seriously I am a fan of pokemon the originals are still the best in my opinian with updated graphics they would be a sick addition to any gamers collection.

As for Pokemon Black & White, well....I'm not impressed, the graphics are pretty that's about it half of the new pokemon are practically digimon clones they can no longer be considered as "animals" (seriously gears? [​IMG] gtfo).
    The new evolution animation......oh look there's digimon again.

Whilst they have their "perks" I'm seriously disappointed with this garbage.

8. HBK

HBK Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)

Mar 30, 2007
    Portugal
    Ugh, fuck Nintendo...who wants to look at their horrible-designed Pokés anyway? rofl

9. Mantis41

Mantis41 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 3, 2009
    United States
    earth
    Release the game world wide at the same time and they wouldn't have the problems of leaked footage nor would they have as much trouble with piracy. Screw strategic marketing. The internet has made the world a very, very small place.

This reminds me of Lucas Arts suing people for making fan art and vids of Star Wars. Come on! This sort of shit generally just increases the popularity of the merchandise.

10. Scott-105

Scott-105 Bow to me. Please?

Aug 23, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario, Canada
    I find it stupid how it's illegal to post screenshots, but whatever.

11. GlennTheMage

GlennTheMage Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 27, 2009
    Netherlands
    What's Nintendo's Problem with Screenshots anyway [​IMG]
    Anyway I do like the game for it doing something else then facing the Gym Leaders,Elite 4 and then the Champion in the first part of the game
    well Gym Leaders and the E4 you do face but then Interesting Plot twists are abound

12. thedicemaster

thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Apr 26, 2008
    Netherlands
    they got away with flying magnets in the 1st gen, so why not?

i find it funny how such a large amount of pokemon seem to based on older ones.
    grass starter: reminds me of treecko
    gear pokemon: new magnemite
    there are some others, but i can't name any without a proper list.
    but i've seen a few re-do's like a new ralts/kirlia/gardevoir family(black psychic pokemon, final evolution looks like having a black dress), and is it really necessary to have another swan pokemon?

EDIT: how can i forget the new fat and thin ferrets? (redo's of furret and sentret)

13. EvanUnisil

EvanUnisil GBAtemp Regular

Oct 12, 2006
    Canada
    There was some good ones in there, although some look too much like others and they keep following the same conventions. The dragon/flying three evo guy. The three evo bird/pidgey guy. Etc. etc.

And seriously, they need to stop making ice, psychic and steel guys look so stupid and retarded half (EDIT: 3/4's of) the time. Why do all psychic guys have to look so stupid? Abra and its evos are still some of the coolest. Be inspired, Pokemon creators.

14. Gariscus

Gariscus Former Team Cyclops Mod

Jun 5, 2009
    The fuck?! What the hell is wrong with Nintendo?!

15. 0ddity

0ddity GBAtemp Fan

Aug 7, 2010
    Canada
    Ontario
    Anybody posting screenshots who was served shouldn't take them down, they should just inform the serving lawyers that their use falls within fair use guidelines of the DMCA regarding the use of portions of copyright work for the purpose of criticism/satire.

16. Mantis41

Mantis41 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 3, 2009
    United States
    earth
    Ninty are probably just pissed that they have sold 1 millon units and 3 million people seem to be playing it.

17. alidsl

alidsl I am now a lurker

May 27, 2009
    Kanto - Pallet Town
    Now nintendo sue websites for advertising for them [​IMG]

18. TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron Predacon Commander

Feb 10, 2009
    Canada
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    As I mentioned in the other thread, this action was seemingly brought on by PokeBeach and Serebii's use of unofficial sprite leaks; not those taken from the game (which came not long after), but scanned from a magazine that will presumably come out at some point. PokeExperto got a letter as well, since the webmaster there was the one who leaked the sprites (he apparently works for the spanish Nintendo magazine).

19. Gh0sti

Gh0sti iOS Guru

Aug 19, 2009
    United States
    Inside you, all around you
    i find this a really stupid law, didnt the earlier games show leaked vids and pics of pokemon ugh this is gayer than aids

20. kirby145

kirby145 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2008
    United States
    Unfortunately, I don't think fair use applies here. Posting detailed sprites of every pokemon and other information classed as intellectual property is illegal and Nintendo can sue for it.

Fair use would be using maybe 1 or a few Pokemon sprites of pictures in a review of the game, in art, or in some other media. It is kind of like "quoting" a source but without the need for credit.

Of course, Nintendo's action against fan sites here is not something they have done before. I think it may just be to stop game info leaking to the U.S. and potentially hurt their sales. After it is released in the U.S. it may be allowed again...