No sound

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Nut4ever, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Nut4ever
    OP

Nut4ever Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 7, 2016
    I don't know of that was or it took after cfw i did not mentioned (after i bought it, followed the guide 3ds.guide, o3ds 4.2 sys ver), after cfw guide i saw that there is no sound overall. The only place where it works when i open keyoboard and type something, or twloader app the exit shutter (home button). But overall there is no sound. What should i do to get it back?

Last edited by Nut4ever, Jan 30, 2017
  2. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ ☠️Grunt☠️

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    I feel like you are leaving out details because I've never heard of happening before

3. Distrance

Distrance 矢澤にこ

Nov 23, 2008
    Finland
    I don't think you can lose sound by installing CFW. If you want to try, you could restore your backup and NOT keep A9LH, effectively uninstalling it (Use Decrypt9 for this). However I'm fairly sure this won't change anything.

First thing I thought of is the DSP Dump but that actually only affects sound in Homebrew applications .. I'm assuming you've tried and have no sound in games?

4. Nut4ever
    OP

Nut4ever Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 7, 2016
    Absolutely no sound, only on keboard and close app menu on twloader.

5. Bu2d85

Bu2d85 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

GBAtemp Patron
    Bu2d85 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 6, 2014
    United States
    If you really have no sound anywhere try a 9.2 ctrnand transfer. If you bought it recently and it was on 4.2 then I can assume it was used. A used system on 4.2 means that someone had homebrew or CFW and they could have messed something up.

I'm betting you bought it online for cheap.

6. RosaliinaDaHacker64

RosaliinaDaHacker64 3DS font intermediate/expert

Oct 7, 2015
    Ireland
    F:\gm9\out
    Re-install DSP/CSND using 3DNUS
    Copy each TitleID & ver. below and paste into box:

Code:
    DSP: 0004013000001A02 v7169
    CSND: 0004013000002702 v5120

and begin Download. You need DevMenu, Config and Test Menu -- you must find these yourself. Run in Test Menu (alternate HOME Menu), press Start to run DevMenu, install both .cia's.
    Trying to install with FBI will brick your 3DS cause it instantly delets system title while starting to install then failes/aborts as it cannot be installed while some critical system files are currently running at the same time.

I've tried that with other cheap, used 3DS that has ear-raping horrible noise while using keyboard and it successfully installed audio drivers, but didn't fix, so it must be a hardware problem to me.

Last edited by RosaliinaDaHacker64, Jan 31, 2017
    Quantumcat likes this.
  7. vinstage

vinstage 00f

Jan 24, 2017
    Korea, South
    부산
    Rare for this to happen really, and never seen this error pop up.

I suck at installing CFW and almost reset my sysNAND to it's default state, so I assume it has something to do with the state of the console itself and not the internal changes (CFW,homebrew).

Was it second hand when bought or brand new?