Gaming No More PSN

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not like you won't be warned in advance if that happens, and besides that we've known they've been contemplating something of the sort for ages. I certainly don't think they'll try something as outrageous as XBL's pricing though.

SinHarvest24

Shiroyasha
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Chad
I don't think it's Sony who wants you to pay it's some other people who wants Sony to make you pay. If it were up to Sony alone they wouldn't make you pay. I think Sony went in court just to keep online service free. Atleast that's what i read somewhere a while back.

kolosus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Getting credit card info might not be for pay purposes at all. Maybe even now PSN is not looking for people to pay for its service... like XBL.

Then why the credit card info?

Ok. I'm theorizing off the top of my head so please bear with me. Ask an illegal immigrant how hard it is to get hold of a credit card, prepaid or otherwise. You have to provide a valid SSN and the name that goes with it. Add to that the need for an address for billing reasons. So now you see that only valid, legal residents of the US will be the only ones are going to be using PSN in the near future. They cannot ask for your SSN for a gaming service but using a credit card to be able to sign up for your game account they're effectively placing an ID on you.

For the next step only the name of the real card holder can be used to sign up for the account. So let's say that you get banned for some reason (CFW?). Now how are you going to sign up for another account? By using a different CC? Well you "different" CC still has your real name attached to it. How about instead of banning your user account they ban YOU! You cannot sign up for a different account from PSN! You cant use a fake name because the CC will be declined. So you have to use your real name (and it extends to your SSN) and they dont/wont let you back on with their service.

Welcome to PlayStation America!

They've clearly stated that they can change the TOS as they see fit. Why cant they have progressively draconian measures? Maybe sometime down the line they'll start charging for their service... but at the moment they can use this method to weed out the hackers, modders, homebrewers and other problem children!

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if sony's going make me pay for psn or the new what ever they call it they can fuck thier fucking couch!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    from the perspective that the original audience that saw it as kids are now grown adults
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I heard the original comic books were as dark as that
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    it's called the last ronin
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    while that was a kid-friendly endeavor, this new take will adapt the story Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Last Ronin. The outlet notes that this new iteration is being written by “Tyler Burton Smith, who co-wrote the upcoming R-rated action movie Boy Kills World and who wrote the 2019 iteration of Chucky horror franchise Child’s Play.”
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    The film, titled ‘The Last Ronin,’ will be targeted at adults and promises a high-body count tale
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I grew up with the 2012 show
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    so yeah, they're will be lots of kills
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    so kinda like how they went r rated in the Loan movie for wolverine
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    and remember that time when someone had the idea to make scooby doo r rated?
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    where shaggy is a stoner and a pothead?
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    that's a true story
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Mondooooo, the first scooby doo live action film?
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    it's cancelled and not in the works anymore
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    they kinda implied it, and joked about it in the cartoon attorney harvey birdman
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    im gonna binge watch metalocalypse, any tips?
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty yeah in th elive action Shaggy meets a girl that introduces herself as "Mary jane" shaggy responds "thats my favorite name"
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    damn
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    the james gunn scooby doo is wild
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, it also had several deleted scenes
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    i wish someone could remake it or leak the footage
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    it would be the best discovery known to mankind
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    i will be eating dinner at 5:00pm
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty were the deleted scenes significant?
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    so im just killing some time
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    what were they about?
    S @ salazarcosplay: what were they about?