No man's sky playerbase drops 90%

LittleFlame

Local Bruh.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
According to reddit user Skoonk The No Man's Sky activity has dropped from 157.000 players to just 10.000 in just 10 days
iN013IP.jpg

Will this hurt the devolpers at all?
It will surely hurt their reputation as is seen by the multitude of bad reviews
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/no-mans-sky/user-reviews
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/no-mans-sky/critic-reviews

Last edited by LittleFlame,

loco365

Trophies
XP
I'm actually glad I didn't buy it yet, and I wonder if this game will ever recover. It seems that the bugs are deterring people, but what causes such a dramatic drop? What am I missing?

LittleFlame

Local Bruh.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm actually glad I didn't buy it yet, and I wonder if this game will ever recover. It seems that the bugs are deterring people, but what causes such a dramatic drop? What am I missing?
Eh i have 2 friends who have it the devs lied a lot about what the game would have and they're really disappointed, they've just stopped at this point

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not even a little bit of true multiplayer and online. Not even a true MMO, just 4 players at a time. It honestly really needed and they tried to avoid it and now it is biting them in the butt. I mean, they probably can save some by actually working towards online, but still.

At least I think it more about online and multiplayer than the actual game itself.

puss2puss

.. well ..
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It will hurt their reputation because they 'kinda' lied to get more sells, to be able to then make their studio bigger, to then have more features worked on their game.

But they should have states that all the features they talked about that are not in the game, wont be there at release day.. they would have made less sells, but they would atleast not have lost players.. i understand that they will add more features in time, but the way they dealed with their 'publicity campaign' gave them a reputation of lyers, wich of course is bad for futur releases...next time they announce something, we wont be sure it really is what they say..

So, i think they made the money they needed/wanted, they got tons of buyers, then tons of buyers left.. they will make their DLCs and those who left might never come back knowing that if they do, it may only be shattered dreams,.

..i just hope they will add most of their main goal features free and not as payed DLCs..

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

As for the bugs, atleast they almost solved them all, personally i play a lot of this game and i havnt had any crash or stuttering or any kind of bugs, and since last update its even more stable, no lags at all, it runs pretty smooth....but it doesnt mean the bugs wont come back once they start putting more features :P

dekuleon

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Man, seriously, I should be hired as an analist, because my feelings always come true.

I predicted that a lot of games would fail and they did, also the Wii U.

No man's sky was no different. I always knew it would be a pile of shit. Infinite planets to explore? So what's the deal? It is obvious that it would become very boring and repetitive!

My next prediction: NX will fail. But I'll love it. Bye.

puss2puss

.. well ..
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
..but it would have all been different if they would have deliver what they promoted..because as of now, the real problem it have, is the disapointment of not finding those cool features,.
..but i still love the game a lot!!, still gonna wait for features..but if they sell their DLCs..i quit for sure.. its fun and all, but i still feel like i.m waiting for more..

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What a shame. Didn't they say they worked on this for 5 years? This is what 5 years led up to? This is sad to look at.

I wanted this game as well, glad I didn't buy it after all.

Reactions: Deleted User

puss2puss

.. well ..
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What a shame. Didn't they say they worked on this for 5 years? This is what 5 years led up to? ..
Well, if you go on their website, job section pretty much says they want people who like fooling around and laugh while eating etc.. so it kinda explain how they are and what they been doing for the last couple of years..they should hire someone that would remind them once in a while ''STOP FOOLING AROUND AND WORK DAMMIT!!''

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
positive spin for the devs, their hypetrain helped sell 90% more copies than they should have, and they don't have to to worry about maintaining servers for all those players who were duped into buying the game.........idk why people buy into hype like this, i feel like it was obviously going to be boring and repetitive, at least with pokemon go its a free game, you can try it and not loose anything, with no mans sky its had the price tag of a triple A title but nothing to it to it to justify the price

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was excited during all the pre-release hype but never had too much faith so as to be ready for something like this. The moment it had come out and come to light that there's nothing to do I was disappointed, but not actually surprised.

This is really sad for Hello Games but as someone who didn't buy the game (a friend brought it over once and didn't actually want it back; I made him take it LOL) I can't help but laugh.

puss2puss

.. well ..
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
People calling theses people jokers, probably never made a game in there life. Let alone make a game they can sell.
Well to be fair..they are the ones who kinda call themself jokers :P go check their website and the section where the hire people..
not sure what your point is..defending their game? No need, some of us, including me, love the game a lot!! I really enjoy it a lot, but here, we are talking about the false promises they made that ended up in a huge user drop..

I really dont see why people who didnt release any games would not be able to realize they acted like jokers lol..

Last edited by puss2puss,

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
People calling theses people jokers, probably never made a game in there life. Let alone make a game they can sell.

Dunno the main point is just that Hello games didn't deliver the game that Sean Murray was telling in several interviews and the end prodcut is kind of boring imo. Somehow the game is like a Early Access (so not finished) game on Steam

Last edited by nIxx,

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
i think a fingerprint sums up this game, people bought it on the premise of there being millions of vastly different planets with so many crazy amazing things to explore.....truth is most fingerprints whilst technically different look essentially the same, sure we can have different colours and patterns, but if you stare at them all day im sure it wouldn't hold many new surprises

so sure the people who bought it and were disappointed were kinda stupid for buying into the hype, and sure there will be people who love that kind of gameplay, im, but it was being sold to people as something new and amazing and fun for everyone, when the truth is its appeal if they had given people real demo's of the game would have been pretty narrow

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pump the chocolate into my veins