No image on GCN games?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Kusan, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Kusan
    OP

Kusan GBAtemp Regular

Mar 23, 2008
    Mexico
    I just managed to download a PAL version of Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Endless Ocean (or something like that), burnt it, launched it with Gecko OS 1.07b using 'Force NTSC', VIDTV Patch, Regionfree...and I can't see anything in-game, i can only hear the voices and music but that's it.

Anyone knows if I can use some kind of patcher on the PC or something?
    I really want to play this game...

And BTW, I can't run GCN backups normally, my Wii always displays "error, turn off the console and bla bla bla", I have to use Gecko OS or GC-Boot (which gives the same results as GOS)

Any ideas?

2. Lumstar

Lumstar Princess

Mar 6, 2006
    United States
    Darling
    Do you have a modchip installed?

3. jinxvorheeze

jinxvorheeze GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 13, 2008
    United States
    Try not using the VidTV Patch, and if that doesn't work maybe dont force NTSC. Not sure if it will help. Seems like its a signal out of range error. Like the image isn't the correct format for the Television. This same thing happens using the backup loader when you attempt to play a PAL game which has no support for NTSC at all. Some games just dont patch.

4. Edgedancer

Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Oct 2, 2006
    Canberra
    Dont patch it at all and try to put it in a gcos multigame as that will automatically patch region settings.

5. Lumstar

Lumstar Princess

Mar 6, 2006
    United States
    Darling
    A lot of TVs in North America can't display PAL, or they'll have issues with it.

Why not try the NTSC version of this game?

6. Kusan
    OP

Kusan GBAtemp Regular

Mar 23, 2008
    Mexico
    I can't find a NTSC copy of this game...I gave up, I'll check out Origins insted of Eternal Wings...

Thanks anyway guys! [​IMG]