no$gba 2.4f

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by shaunj66, Sep 18, 2007.

1. shaunj66
    OP

shaunj66 Administrator

Administrator
    Oct 24, 2002
    United Kingdom
    South England

no$gba 2.4f

Nintendo DS emulator

[​IMG]
    The popular Game Boy Advance and now Nintendo DS emulator, no$gba has received a hefty update to version 2.4f. Read on to see what's new in this version.[title:no$gba 2.4f]17 September 2007 - version 2.4f

- cheat: fixed conditional counter for cbds parameter lines (thanks Hiei Youkai)

- cheat: raised strnlen to 5kbytes for about 256 codes/line (thanks Hiei Youkai)

- nds/gba/help: added info on unknown add-ons (gba ir/wifi and nds memory exp)

- nds/help: added info on ds rumble option paks (thanks bottledlight ds wiki)

- gba/help: added some very basic info about the gameboy player (thanks flubba)

- gui: allows to resize debugmsg/cheat/fileslst windows (with anchored buttons)

- gba/help: added yoshi x/y-axis info (thanks flubba) (still incomplete though)

- gba/help: added warioware z-axis gyro info (thanks momo vampire for the cart)

- gba/help: added rumble and fram info (thanks momo vampire for warioware cart)

- gba/help: added notes on special meaning of 1st (and 4th) letter of gamecode

- nds/3d: emulates alpha blending master enable/test mode bit (disp3dcnt.bit3)

- gba/memfill: fixed memfill code (data step/repeat count) (thanks Hiei Youkai)

- nds/cheat: removed various ARDS checks (accepting addr with unknown offsets)

- gba/nds: corrected hblank durations (thanks sebastien), no-vblank in lastline

- gba/nds/help: notes on hblank=0 duration (1006/1606/1613 on gba/nds9/nds7)

- gba/nds/help: notes on no-vblank-flag in last line, and hblank in ALL lines

- nds/cheat: removed alignment check for [[X]+Z] (works with uninitialized [X])

- nds/cheat: changed ARDS enable-code detection (9 lines with specific 4th/9th)

- multi-cpu-timing: machine_switch_request processed AFTER all event_handlers

- nds/3d: emulates texture master enable bit in disp3dcnt (thanks peter schraut)

- nds/3d: emulates material-alpha (rather than only color-alpha) (thanks peter)

- nds: emulates hinge/unfold irq (additionally to hinge status) (thanks antonio)
    [​IMG] Download
    [​IMG] Official website

2. JacobReaper

JacobReaper I Love You....

Jun 5, 2007
    United States
    Spoomo
    awesome waiting for update, but i have a ds with r4 so whats the point [​IMG]

edit: cool, i never get first post [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. shakirmoledina

shakirmoledina Legend

Oct 23, 2004
    Tanzania
    Dar es Salaam
    nice update they say some 3d has been added and that speed has increased to a good extent. Also codes have been updated so many codes will work well now.

4. Kainthereaper

Kainthereaper Member

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2005
    United States
    any sound emulation yet?

5. lenselijer

lenselijer GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 27, 2006
    Netherlands
    yes, sound fully works here!

6. berlinka

berlinka You have sustained a lethal injury.

Jul 31, 2003
    Netherlands
    Harderwijk, Netherlands
    [​IMG]

What the fuck putting THIS image up????

I thought as this was the image I might as well try New Super Mario Bros first. Well, it resulted in an error message!

7. lenselijer

Mar 27, 2006
    Netherlands
    not for me, you need to choose the correct savetype first [​IMG]

8. berlinka

berlinka You have sustained a lethal injury.

Jul 31, 2003
    Netherlands
    Harderwijk, Netherlands
    Okay!

*goes back playing New Super Mario Bros on DS Lite*

9. Jdbye

Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Suspended
    May 10, 2006
    Norway
    Norway
  10. Kensuke

Kensuke Member

Newcomer
    May 12, 2006
    very uncomfortable for the use of the touch screen i think xD

11. angelwizard

angelwizard Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2006
    Brazil
    São Paulo - Brazil
    at least we can play some picross without DS XD

12. dualscreenman

dualscreenman GBAtemp Fan

Dec 29, 2005
    United States
    Rockin' the DSman Party-Van
    That's only if the game is running at 100%. Games that don't at full speed won't have perfect sound. [​IMG]

13. masdeeper

masdeeper GBAtemp Regular

Aug 8, 2007
    Canada
    To bad the game is running at 50% of the normal speed [​IMG]

I have a Pentium 4 2.8Ghz and 2Gb of ram...

LOL I think I'm gonna buy a DS to play mario and the new zelda game that come out is 2 weeks

14. dualscreenman

dualscreenman GBAtemp Fan

Dec 29, 2005
    United States
    Rockin' the DSman Party-Van
    At least you don't have a Celeron.

15. lenselijer

Mar 27, 2006
    Netherlands
    the problem is that the emulator runs too fast on my system, it's always above 100%.

i got intel core 2 duo e6750 and 2gb ddr2-800.

the game runs fullspeed, but the sound is not very nice, i think there still needs to be done some improvements to this emulator.
    most of the time the bass is distorted in the sound.

16. mollekemiel

mollekemiel Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 9, 2006
    United States
    How can you try pictochat with a ds ?
    do you need certain wifi hardware or do all chipsets work ?

17. DanTheManMS

DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

Jun 2, 2007
    United States
    Georgia
    Get the following: BIOS dumps of both the ARM7 and ARM9, plus a dump of your firmware. You can get a dumper tool from http://www.cryptosystem.org/archives/2007/...-ds-bios-dumper

Name them BIOSNDS7.rom, BIOSNDS9.rom, and firmware.bin and put them in the same directory as no$GBA.

Then open up any DS game, go to the Options, change it from "Start cartridge directly" to "GBA BIOS" and reset the emulator (numpad * key). You'll see the DS's firmware boot up and you'll be able to open Pictochat. I don't think it entirely works, but you can enter a room and draw stuff by yourself.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice