No Barbie games will load

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by scubaslim, Sep 18, 2014.

1. scubaslim
    OP

scubaslim Member

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2014
    United States
    I'm using WiiFlow and every game that I've tried to use so far works great EXCEPT Barbie games. My 6 year old would really like to play them, but none of them load. After searching online, I only found one suggestion but it didn't work. The suggestion was to add Hermes cIOS. Didn't help though. I have to admit though, halfway through I realized I forgot to remove my Gamecube stuff, so I started over.

Anybody have any suggestions? Also, anybody know what affects not removing the Gamecube stuff had/has?

thanks

2. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Honestly, give your kid some Zelda, Mario and Pokemon to play instead. It'll be more fun.

3. scubaslim
    OP

scubaslim Member

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2014
    United States
    I don't doubt that, but she thinks the Winnie the Pooh video game is too intense... so she's not quite ready for those

4. tatumanu

tatumanu GBAtemp Fan

Nov 1, 2004
    Portugal
    I have no idea what you mean by removing all the gamecube stuff...
    I have rarely come across a game that didn't work with WiiFlow, except for Metroid Triology because of its Anti-Piracy (custom DOL doesn't work that well) and a bad RIP of Zelda's Skyward Sword.

Have you tried other loaders?
    If all fails i would just burn the game on a dvd and try in all the loaders available.

In the mean time i would suggest Kirby Epic Yarn, my 3 year old nephew manages to play the first few levels fine.

5. scubaslim
    OP

scubaslim Member

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2014
    United States
    The first step to Hermes cIOS is remove GC memory cards and controllers...

I have not tried other loaders, but I guess I could do that

6. darkseekerliu

darkseekerliu Advanced Player

Jun 13, 2013
    Brazil
    Drakonia
    Click on the game and before you click to start the game, set the video mode do game default. Most of the times this solves boot problems. Rip you copy again, it may be a bad iso.

7. Tsuruhime

Tsuruhime Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 6, 2014
    United States
    SOLUTION: Throw away the Barbie games, put in some old fashion Metroid. She'll complain at first, but after awhile, she will love it. Done this to tons of kids, made them all into true gamers.