Gaming Nintendo's fail with me.

Tekken179

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok so it was some time ago in January for that 3D Classics: Kid Icarus competition, all you had to do was qualify with the games you have registered between a certain period of time and give them your e-mail address.

Done and done, when the download codes went out however I never received mine, e-mailed Nintendo they told me they would look into it two weeks had passed heard nothing, that was roughly a month and a half a go.

I finally received this e-mail today
Dear Aaron,

Thank you for your contact regarding the Kid Icarus Promotion.

We would like to apologise for the problems you have experienced acquiring your code.

Please find below your Kid Icarus download code which will allow to download the game free of charge.

THE CODE WAS HERE.

You can download the title now by visiting Nintendo eShop on your Nintendo 3DS system.
1. Enter Nintendo eShop
2. Scroll to the left and tap on "Settings/Other".
3. Tap "Redeem Download Code".
4. Enter the above Download Code in the field provided.
5. Tap "OK".
Note that you must have updated your system with system update 3.0.0-5E to be able to use this code. For more information on how to update your system, please visit our system update information page here
Thank you for participating and enjoy your game.

Kind Regards

The Nintendo Team

The download code didn't work, so just in case they need to make it active or whatever other reason it might not work i still took it out. The code had already been redeemed apparently.

They also misspelled my name wrong yet on the account it clearly says Arron but that's no big deal haha.

I know it's a free promotion etc. And i shouldn't really be complaining considering it's free, but why shouldn't I? Everyone else got there promotional code. At the end of the day it's £5.40 saved.

I just think it's really poor effort from Nintendo to address this issue properly and faster.

Tekken179

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I would also like to add that it wasn't simply an e-mail to them then they told me they would investigate.

They had argued with me first telling me I had left it way to late, being a Uni student I had my problems, but either way i should have still received the code, 4 months late i finally got the code, one that doesn't work, i will probably not hear from them for another month or so.

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
1333469513_Nintendo_Dont_fail_me_now.jpg

Seemed appropriate

Reactions: 1 person

Tekken179

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
This sucks if it's true, hope Nintendo helps if it's true, Nintendo usually has great customer service (at least from my understanding and experience)

oh it's all very true :( unfortunately =\

To be honest I've never really had any trouble with them at all until now, i mean there Nintendo Club products take months for me to receive but that's not there fault.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Did you entertain the thought that the code may have been snatched by someone? Did you ever log onto your e-mail account on a shared or public computer? Are you sure you're virus-free?

These kinds of e-mails are usually generated automatically - machines don't make mistakes when giving codes or vouchers.

Tekken179

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Did you entertain the thought that the code may have been snatched by someone? Did you ever log onto your e-mail account on a shared or public computer? Are you sure you're virus-free?

These kinds of e-mails are usually generated automatically - machines don't make mistakes when giving codes or vouchers.

If the entire e-mail was automatically generated the name at the start wouldn't have been misspelled.

I'm damned sure of that. Computer used by me, eset internet security and anti-virus user for several years, checked Google account, checked my g-mail 3 known ip addresses recently used all of which are mine.

If that was the case my bank account would be minus thousands of pounds, which it is not. Not to mention I had read the e-mail straight away.

giavol

Trophies
XP
Country
This sucks if it's true, hope Nintendo helps if it's true, Nintendo usually has great customer service (at least from my understanding and experience)

To be honest I've never really had any trouble with them at all until now, i mean there Nintendo Club products take months for me to receive but that's not there fault.
I waited 2 mounts for my Kid Icarus AR cards

D

Deleted User

I waited 2 mounts for my Kid Icarus AR cards

same here I had to wait for the ar cards 2 months

Tekken179

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
...you probably shouldn't keep your bank account details on your e-mail, don't you think?

I don't... you misunderstand, i use e-shopping, Tesco, Amazon etc. Receipts contain personal information, my student finance receipts are there, other personal information is there i doubt if anyone was hacking into my e-mail they would have just taken the code 2 seconds after i read it then left lol.

giavol

Trophies
XP
Country
...you probably shouldn't keep your bank account details on your e-mail, don't you think?

I don't... you misunderstand, i use e-shopping, Tesco, Amazon etc. Receipts contain personal information, my student finance receipts are there, other personal information is there i doubt if anyone was hacking into my e-mail they would have just taken the code 2 seconds after i read it then left lol.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1