Hacking Nintendont won't recognize FAT32 drive

MaGnUmKiLLa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, was wondering if I could ask some help from the friendliest community on the internet!

So what's happening is, I just got a new external for my wii. It's a WD 1tb. I formatted it to fat32 *64 cluster size* using wii backup manager but, when I try to run nintendont or gamecube games through usb loader gx, it says it's not a FAT formatted device.

USB Loader GX will recognize the drive. It'll play all my wii games and it'll even show me the gamecube ones.

Any ideas? This ones left me scratching my head. I'd really appreciate any help guys, thanks!

MaGnUmKiLLa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to let everyone know that I actually got this fixed so I'm going to post how and then a mod can lock this thread if they so choose.

What I ended up having to do, and to be honest I don't understand the fine details here but it worked, was download a program called easeus partition master.

In the program, I had to click on my external drive and tell it to convert GPT to MBR. *If you use that program specifically, you also have to apply the change before it is finalized*

I don't know why exactly this worked, I had a friend recommend it to me but, it did in fact fix the problem.

Hope this helps anyone else that has the problem in the future!

Reactions: Clutz450

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse