Hacking Homebrew Nintendont will not save settings.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
OK. I followed the directions and the forwarder launches to blackscreen, so I had to restart the system. I was asking a lot of questions because I guessed this might happen due to reading elsewhere on the forum that forwarders can be problematic on Tiramisu. Hence why I didn't just dive in and go for it.

I've done a lot of things so far from just following YT guides, plus other guides here on GBATemp, and just trying stuff out. I only reach out and ask questions if I feel it's absolutely necessary, mostly to understand the processes involved as fully as possible.

Anyway, I've decided to start from scratch with Nintendont. I'm going to read the OP again and hopefully I'll be able to get set up from there.

I appreciate everyone's help with this so far.
do you have nintendont setup on the sd card atleast? the forward is just a foward without the files correctly on the sd card it wont do anything.

Willicious

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
do you have nintendont setup on the sd card atleast? the forward is just a foward without the files correctly on the sd card it wont do anything.

This is what I have on the SD card:

1658348114431.png

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Sorry, I should have specified that. It's the SD root.
if your pc hidding extensions? because you could end up with boot.dol.dol or the likes for instance your meta.xml only says meta so im guessing its hidding extensions? also what nintendont boot.dol did you put there? its the boot.dol from the latest 498? and its the nintendont forwarder installed to your wiiu nand and not on wiiu hdd or something?

Willicious

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
if your pc hidding extensions?

No, I'm not sure why it's showing .dol tbh

also what nintendont boot.dol did you put there? its the boot.dol from the latest 498?

I've just placed a brand new copy of boot.dol into the folder, downloaded directly from the GitHub. I'll give it another try with that one in place.

and its the nintendont forwarder installed to your wiiu nand and not on wiiu hdd or something?

Good shout, I'll make sure I install it to Nand this time. I'll report back later, hopefully it works...

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
No, I'm not sure why it's showing .dol tbh

I've just placed a brand new copy of boot.dol into the folder, downloaded directly from the GitHub. I'll give it another try with that one in place.

Good shout, I'll make sure I install it to Nand this time. I'll report back later, hopefully it works...
yeah nand is always best for vwii injects.

Willicious

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yeah nand is always best for vwii injects.

It works! I can now boot Nintendont from WiiU, no vWii mod required! Thanks :)

I can also run the Tetris Worlds, which confirms that there is nothing wrong with the ISO itself. Now onwards to see which setting is causing the crash...

(Note to self: select SD, then press B, to access settings from Nintendont menu)

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It works! I can now boot Nintendont from WiiU, no vWii mod required! Thanks :)

I can also run the Tetris Worlds, which confirms that there is nothing wrong with the ISO itself. Now onwards to see which setting is causing the crash...

(Note to self: select SD, then press B, to access settings from Nintendont menu)
yeah forcing settings can break some games to have perfect compatibility you must have everything off or ato except mcemu which can be on. after that start turning settings on and have a go.

Willicious

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
to have perfect compatibility you must have everything off or ato except mcemu which can be on

Hmm. It seems this is the thing that's breaking this particular game; it will only run if I disable mc emu altogether (tried all different sizes including 59) :blink:

EDIT: Started a new thread for all future discussion around all of the various issues I've been having, since I can now pin it down to this particular issue.

Last edited by Willicious,

Solipund

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having the same issue, Not sure what im doing wrong here but, Since im using UWUVCI_INSTALLER on my wiiu to inject the games so that they are Forwarded to the wiiu home page, I dont see any of my games in Nintendont when I open it up to change the settings. The settings dont save and I would like to use the memory card function "cries" Does anyone have a solution for this?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Having the same issue, Not sure what im doing wrong here but, Since im using UWUVCI_INSTALLER on my wiiu to inject the games so that they are Forwarded to the wiiu home page, I dont see any of my games in Nintendont when I open it up to change the settings. The settings dont save and I would like to use the memory card function "cries" Does anyone have a solution for this?
did you read the entire thread? you must start a game without exiting nintendont to save settings... im guessing you are turning the settings you want and then exiting. also you need an sd card if you dont have one.

Solipund

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you read the entire thread? you must start a game without exiting nintendont to save settings... im guessing you are turning the settings you want and then exiting. also you need an sd card if you dont have one.
I did read all of the thread, Obviously that didnt fix the issue, and yeah... having an SD card is pretty important to hacking the wii u lol........

I found a solution though, thanks

PugBro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nintendont only saves settings if you start a game for isntance if you are seeing nintendont menu you ppress x/1 to go to settings , change what you want and press x/1 to go back, then without exiting nintendont just start a game from the menu list, only then will nintendont save the settings.
Thanks for the help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1