Hacking Nintendont Themes and Custom Mods

scarfacedughetto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, I just downloaded the latest version of MMMod and i saw all the features on the website but i am so clueless, how do i download the themes ? Where is the "Update Menu" ? How do I use my gc games covers ? Thanks in advance

send0r

Trophies
Website
www.send0r.de
XP
Country
Germany
Hello, I just downloaded the latest version of MMMod and i saw all the features on the website but i am so clueless, how do i download the themes ? Where is the "Update Menu" ? How do I use my gc games covers ? Thanks in advance
When you‘re in the game selection menu, you can press b and then x or 1. This will show you the update menu where you can update MMMod to the latest version or enter the theme menu. In the theme menu you can download themes which will, for example, enable a progress bar during kernel setup/game loading.
Unfortunately, game covers are not supported. To see them, you are required to use a “regular” usb loader like wiiflow.

Reactions: scarfacedughetto

scarfacedughetto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
When you‘re in the game selection menu, you can press b and then x or 1. This will show you the update menu where you can update MMMod to the latest version or enter the theme menu. In the theme menu you can download themes which will, for example, enable a progress bar during kernel setup/game loading.
Unfortunately, game covers are not supported. To see them, you are required to use a “regular” usb loader like wiiflow.
Oh ok, thank you very much, so the "Custom Game Loader Themes" thing is only for usb loaders ? That's unfortunate but ok

send0r

Trophies
Website
www.send0r.de
XP
Country
Germany
Oh ok, thank you very much, so the "Custom Game Loader Themes" thing is only for usb loaders ? That's unfortunate but ok
No problem :)
Ah nope, custom game loader themes are shown during kernel init/after game selection either from within Nintendont or from an usb loader. You will then see some kind of splash screen matching the selected game instead of the typical text output with “booting kernel…”, etc.

scarfacedughetto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
No problem :)
Ah nope, custom game loader themes are shown during kernel init/after game selection either from within Nintendont or from an usb loader. You will then see some kind of splash screen matching the selected game instead of the typical text output with “booting kernel…”, etc.
oh, i mean if i put game covers with the game id in the "CustomGameLoader" folder, inside the nintendont folder it won't work ?
Sorry, I am french so i may not understand everything lol

send0r

Trophies
Website
www.send0r.de
XP
Country
Germany
oh, i mean if i put game covers with the game id in the "CustomGameLoader" folder, inside the nintendont folder it won't work ?
Sorry, I am french so i may not understand everything lol
Ok in that case I have misunderstood. I thought you want the game covers to display during game selection like e.g. in wiiflow. What you describe will work

scarfacedughetto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok in that case I have misunderstood. I thought you want the game covers to display during game selection like e.g. in wiiflow. What you describe will work
ok nice thank you, btw do i need to put a "3" after the game id when naming the images and the game folders ? on the website it says : "store images with the name format [GAMEID3].png or [GAMEID3]X.png" ?

send0r

Trophies
Website
www.send0r.de
XP
Country
Germany
ok nice thank you, btw do i need to put a "3" after the game id when naming the images and the game folders ? on the website it says : "store images with the name format [GAMEID3].png or [GAMEID3]X.png" ?
[GAMEID3] means in this case that you have to replace this part with the game ID's first three characters. If your game, for example, is the PAL version of Mario Kart Double Dash, the game ID would be GM4P. Therefore, the name of the image should be GM4.png or GM4X.png. Usually the GAMEID3 should be the same for every region.

scarfacedughetto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
[GAMEID3] means in this case that you have to replace this part with the game ID's first three characters. If your game, for example, is the PAL version of Mario Kart Double Dash, the game ID would be GM4P. Therefore, the name of the image should be GM4.png or GM4X.png. Usually the GAMEID3 should be the same for every region.
ok, ty very much, i will try that !

WSii

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello, I would like to report a minor problem with the Nintendont MMMod; when loading a Triforce arcade game, with the segaboot.bin, nintendont load both the gamecube and Triforce BIOS no matter you have the GC BIOS or not on your SD/HDD.
Without the Segaboot.bin still load loads the GC BIOS.

Is there any solution for this? Something like making a version without the animation of the GC BIOS already included in Nintendont? (or add the Triforce animation to Nintendont)¹, because I like the function of putting images instead of the typical Nintendont loading screen.
Thanks in advance.

P.S.: I don't speak English, I use a translator, but I understand a little of this.

¹. Edit

Last edited by WSii,

send0r

Trophies
Website
www.send0r.de
XP
Country
Germany
Hello, I would like to report a minor problem with the Nintendont MMMod; when loading a Triforce arcade game, with the segaboot.bin, nintendont load both the gamecube and Triforce BIOS no matter you have the GC BIOS or not on your SD/HDD.
Without the Segaboot.bin still load loads the GC BIOS.

Is there any solution for this? Something like making a version without the animation of the GC BIOS already included in Nintendont? (or add the Triforce animation to Nintendont)¹, because I like the function of putting images instead of the typical Nintendont loading screen.
Thanks in advance.

P.S.: I don't speak English, I use a translator, but I understand a little of this.

¹. Edit
Hey, sorry for the late reply. I’ll look into it the coming weekends. Shouldn’t be to hard to fix

Reactions: WSii

send0r

Trophies
Website
www.send0r.de
XP
Country
Germany
@WSii could you verify the dol in the attached files works as intended? I would then merge the little change into the main branch and release the new version. Apparently, I neither have the triforce BIOS nor do I have any triforce games to test this by myself.

Attachments

• boot.dol.zip
    5.4 MB · Views: 44

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@send0r just updated to your latest version and everything works great, can't find any apparent issues. However, didn't your build at one point feature background music while in the Nintendont loader? Or am I making that up or thinking of someone else's build? Regardless, if the feature is there and I'm just missing it, where do I put my background track and what does it need to be labeled and what format should it be? Or if your build doesn't have background music, would you be willing to add it in as a feature? Obviously not a big deal if it's there or not, but I really do like when each loader/emulator has it's own unique music and atmosphere.

send0r

Trophies
Website
www.send0r.de
XP
Country
Germany
@send0r just updated to your latest version and everything works great, can't find any apparent issues. However, didn't your build at one point feature background music while in the Nintendont loader? Or am I making that up or thinking of someone else's build? Regardless, if the feature is there and I'm just missing it, where do I put my background track and what does it need to be labeled and what format should it be? Or if your build doesn't have background music, would you be willing to add it in as a feature? Obviously not a big deal if it's there or not, but I really do like when each loader/emulator has it's own unique music and atmosphere.
Great to hear everything works! Nope, sorry, MMMod never featured background music. But @CrisMod's build did. To be honest, I haven't looked into adding background music support yet. I can look into it in the next months.

Reactions: CrisMod

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte