Nintendont - "failed to load kernel from NAND!" error

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by JeffHardy123, Oct 28, 2015.

1. JeffHardy123
    OP

JeffHardy123 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    A couple years ago, a friend of mine gave me his soft-modded Wii and I've had no problems with it until now with Nintendont. Whenever I boot up Nintendont, I get the error message in red text saying "failed to load kernel from NAND!" it then kicks me back to the HBC. I've tired re-downloading it, placing the meta.xml & icon.png files with the boot.dol, but I get the same thing. Does anybody know how to fix this? Any help would be much appreciated!

SysCheck

Last edited by JeffHardy123, Dec 25, 2016
  2. ChronicMasturbator

ChronicMasturbator GBAtemp Regular

Aug 22, 2014
    I've got the exact same issue... anyone care to help us out?

3. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    Your IOS58 looks fine. Make sure your Homebrew Channel is clean (no modifications or themes) and up to date. Also, when you installed Nintendont, did you remember to also copy over the XML file to the same folder for the Nintendont boot.dol?

For anyone that comes across this thread with the same issue, there's generally three things that can cause that error. You forgot to copy over the XML file, Homebrew Channel is outdated (or a bit borked due to a bad theme), or you're using an old/modified IOS58 (or missing it all together).

The XML file you can grab on Nintendont's Github which is linked in the Nintendont thread, you can update your Homebrew Channel using LetterBomb or any other compatible exploit (you will probably have to remove Homebrew Channel first), and the latest IOS58 can be grabbed either by NUS Download and installing it via your favorite WAD manager or directly downloaded and install via MMM. Just make sure the IOS58 is unmodified (clean), the latest, and it goes into slot 58.

Last edited by TecXero, May 7, 2016
    JeffHardy123 likes this.
  4. JeffHardy123
    OP

JeffHardy123 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    It turns out my HBC was outdated. Since my Wii can't connect to the internet, I was never really aware of updates. After updating manually, It worked! Haven't run into any problems since. Thanks a lot!

5. Alex S

Alex S Creator Of WWHDM, And Metroid Fusion XER0X!

May 2, 2016
    United States
    Hell
    if i was here a few years ago i couldve told you that. btw this is my 100th post ^3^ hoorayyy