Nintendo

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by ElesisLire, Jul 20, 2011.

Jul 20, 2011

Nintendo by ElesisLire at 10:01 AM (1,143 Views / 0 Likes) 15 replies

1. ElesisLire
    OP

Newcomer ElesisLire Newbie

United States
    does the Big-N Slowly dying? as you can see nintendo always "DO REMAKES" , Not enough 3rd party support, always releasing virtual console games (considered remake), 3DS does not have games and alot of games are canceled, No 3DS Ware, DSi has no more good games released? and there are no more anticipated game on Wii except for Zelda Skyward + Nintendo has alot of shovelware

2. YetoJesse

Newcomer YetoJesse Advanced Member

Netherlands
    I don't know why, but this tickes me off...

3. clonesniper666

Member clonesniper666 KRII LUN AUS

United States
    I do not think Nintendo is going anywhere. Most of the 3DS games that are cancelled are Hudson games, and there is a valid reason for it. The only 2 3DS games that are cancelled for no real good reason is the Saints Row and Assassin's Creed games, but I do not think the company behind Saint's Row intended to ever make the 3DS one and the Assassin's Creed 3DS game just shifted platforms, since the AC Revelations is the 3DS game just on a home console. The Crush3d game is still coming out just later this year/ early next. As for the 3Ds not having any games there actually are quite a few good games for it not counting Zelda 3D. Since the 3DS is not that old yet it is not common for a handheld to have a slow start considering the lack of promotional activities before its launch. The Wii does not have many games that are coming out that are must haves, but the Wii U comes out next year so that sorta explains some of it.

4. chris888222

Member chris888222 GBAtemp's Flygon Fan

Singapore
    The better games are coming by Dec 2011 - 2012.

5. ElesisLire
    OP

Newcomer ElesisLire Newbie

United States
    hmm yeah Wii U will come but do you remember when 3DS Came? =) SSFIV is the only game that is worth playing by that time...

as for the upcoming games the only game that interest me is Kid Iccarus and Luigis Mansion 2 for both of them are not remakes. would it be better if Zelda Ocarina of Time was not a remake? like example Zelda Skyward was for 3DS that would be awesome right? a brand new Zelda Game not a remake one

6. Ammako

Member Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    Know your definitons.
    Virtual Console are re-releases.

7. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    Nintendo isn't dying even slightly.

and virtual console games are NOT remakes. At all. They're the original game played on, more or less, a built in emulator for that console.

Can I get a list of canceled games for the 3DS? MMLegends 3 was, but that isn't related to Nintendo "dying" at all. So that makes 1 game canceled. Oh noes, someone start planning Nintendo's funeral.
    The 3DS has a pretty beastly list of upcoming games, but unfortunately people ARE going to have to play the waiting game for 'em.
    The Wii passed its prime a while ago. The last notable game I remember playing was Arc Rise Fantasia. But that's due to the wii's limitations, devs would rather stick to PS3/360.

8. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    Here's a list of cancelled 3DS games

9. Demonstryde

Member Demonstryde GBAtemp Fan

United States
    nintendo is deffinately not dying...3ds is by far the best handheld i have ever owned or played...im fine with waiting, as this will ensure that i can afford more titles as they are released.
    the only title i am waiting for is a cod release that has customizable controls..with full support for motion, wich is why i choose ninty over any other. motion controls is the only way for me to play fps...dual analog is only acceptable for playing zombies...

10. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    So MMLegends 3...and a bunch of crap that would have bombed gets canceled, and anyone is worried by that?

Woah.

11. KingVamp

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States
    I can't seem disagree you lately. [​IMG]

Nintendo know what they doing. I didn't want rush games.

AKA Nintendo is fine.

12. mysticwaterfall

Member mysticwaterfall Streamforce Supreme Commander

United States
    I've been hearing that Nintendo is dead/dying/etc since 1996. Hasn't happened yet, won't happen anytime soon.

13. camurso_

Member camurso_ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Portugal
    Nintendo is not dying.
    Wii is, in fact, dead and it´s a shame since we will get Wii U only next year and it makes me very angry watching other consoles getting new games daily... [​IMG]

14. machomuu

Member machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    I dunno, we'll have to wait and see.

Though I did think about it, and if Nintendo died I don't think I'd play video games (for the most part ) anymore, not new ones at least. I noticed that the majority of the games I buy are for Nintendo systems, and while I do buy 360 and PC games, but not nearly as much. I mean, I buy The Sims and Elder Scrolls games, as well as Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, and (maybe) Final Fantasy, but if Nintendo were gone there'd be no Gyakuten Saiban (Phoenix Wright), no Zelda, no Kirby...and with the competition gone I'm almost sure Sony's games will grow stale too, and inevitably become saturated with FPS' and...well...it would suck. Though there always has to be a triumvirate, and if Nintendo died a new company would come to take its place, possibly a better one.

But then again, their death is unlikely at this point in time, possible, but unlikely.

15. Schlupi

Member Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™

United States
    I agree. I would like, literally only be buying games every other month if Nintendo were to die. Only a few games on other systems interest me... Like Catherine, Bioshock Infinite, and a few other titles right now. I can compose a list of games from Nintendo that I wanna get. [​IMG]

I don't think they are going anywhere anytime soon. Especially with the release of the Wii U; I personally believe that it will step up their game and allow people to enjoy the games they ask for on other platforms too (FPS that's good on a Nintendo system? Maybe the dream will finally become true for you COD fans).

16. SamAsh07

Member SamAsh07 GBAtemp Addict

Bahrain
    Nintendo is not dead, Wii is dead. Mine has been collecting dust for months now. Waiting for Skyward Sword. While I play OoT on my 3DS, as soon as Master Quest is done 100% I'll go buy DoA Dimensions.