Nintendo Wii Serial No.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Narpa's Swor, Jun 20, 2009.

Jun 20, 2009
  1. Narpa's Swor
    OP

Newcomer Narpa's Swor Newbie

United States
    My launch wii has been experiencing some serious graphical issues (out of warranty) so I thought I would look around my local electronics outlet for a replacement. I know the LU64+ wii has issues with downgrading and running certain cios dependent wares, but I also saw systems with serial numbers starting with LU387xx that looked suspiciously brand new. I was wondering if anyone has had a problem with these new systems or whether I can safely purchase one without having too much worry about it being difficult to hack. (Really looking for one with at most firmware 3.4 and the ability to run all home brew besides the NAND installed bootmii since I know that wont work)

Thank you.

2. chrisf

Banned chrisf Banned

United States
    i got a wii in december that was new but had a close serial number to the one u are talking about.

my serial # is LU354......

i couldnt install bootmii on boot2, but it wasnt "unhackable" like an LU64...+

i think you will be fine getting one as long as u are ok with installing bootmii as an IOS

3. ecw

Member ecw GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I bought a used LU318XXXX on Ebay for $150 and I installed as Boot2. [​IMG]

4. teddystacker

Newcomer teddystacker Member

United States
    I have a LU540xxx , and although it is a later serial , I CAN install on Boot2

.I have another LU37 , which I CANNOT install on Boot2.

So it looks like the serial number does not always indicate if BootMii can be installed on Boot 2

5. WiiBlaster

Member WiiBlaster GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    yea i have a friend that just bought a Brand New Wii, the serial was Lu37 and it was the XUnhackable Kind talking about being confused.lol