#Nintendo Wii #Opera Error #newby

BeefUp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Hi to all. I'm a newbie and just got a hand on second hand NTSC Nintendo Wii Console.

Hope I can get answer to my problem with the console.

Note: I cannot access the System Settings, i wont know also the version OS
Console cannot read the USB and SD card
I can still play original NTSC CD Games
Wont connect to the wifi
Calendar outdated

When i try opening the System Settings, its directing me to the Opera
and its showing the infamous Opera error "you tried to access the address marc:FIX/US/ENG/Setup" "need Help" etc...

any advise to how to fix this so i can mod3 or hom3br3w the console.

Thanks on your kind assistance on this issue.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
What makes u think the console cannot read sd cards?

On the main system menu, is there an SD button/icon in the bottom left? If so, you are on 4.0 or higher, if not you are lower.

If lower than 4.0, and settings aren't accessible, how can u even determine if sd doesn't work? Only other way would be with a game like smash bros.

Can u try holding reset as the wii is powering up to see if priiloader is installed?

Also check for bootmii installed to boot2 by saving this bootmii folder to your sd card and insert it into the wii before powering it up (also make sure it's formatted as fat32) https://static.hackmii.com/bootmii_sd_files.zip

If u can't access bootmii or priiloader, can get a copy of super smash bros, and use the smash stack exploit to launch homebrew saved to sd (assuming sd works), we are in business.

If u don't have smash bros, you can try the bluebomb exploit instead of smash stack. This requires Linux though (currently doesn't work with windows unless using a virtual Linux machine). Also the pc needs to have Bluetooth, or usb Bluetooth adapter.

If u can access priiloader, bootmii, or get any exploit to work, the actual solution is simple. Actually there are 2 potential solutions.

1 is to complete modmii's region change wizard (basically reinstall the current system menu region/wad, eula, region select, etc, and priiloader).

Option 2 is to boot into bootmii (if u don't have bootmii access then use Casper2Bootmii.bat from Modmii's support folder, or set it up manually, allowing u to boot into bootmii direct from an exploit without actually installing it). From bootmii u dump the nand to sd, then use the nand.bin dump as a basis for constructing a new/fresh virgin nand.bin using ohneschwanzenegger, then restore that using bootmii (GC required if u don't have bootmii installed as boot2).

That's at a high level how u would go about potentially fixing this. Start to provide more info based on this post and either me or others will try to assist as you progress. Good luck

BeefUp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
I did buy the smash bros (which cost me 70dirhams) so I can try the smash stack method that I’ve watched in utube, apparently, when I accessed the SD card, its saying that it cannot access SD card.

SD button icon does not show in the main system menu, and I do not have linux PC.

do you thinks there still a way around this?

Note: holding reset as the wii is powering thus not work.
Thank you for the responses.

WhatsApp Image 2022-08-23 at 2.17.51 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-08-23 at 2.18.26 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-08-23 at 2.19.00 PM.jpeg

Last edited by BeefUp,

BeefUp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Can u access data management? If so, bannerbomb v1 should work for u as well, but not with sdhc or sdxc

Smash bros doesn't support sdhc or sdxc either btw, if u have a normal sd card u should be able to use smash stack along with your copy of the game
noted and will have a try on this. thank you

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...