Nintendo teams up with Converse

gloweyjoey

who??
Member
Joined
May 7, 2010
Messages
842
Trophies
0
XP
300
Country
United States
mw-630-converse-mario-630w.jpg
As a child of the 80s, when Super Mario Bros. was first released, anything with the iconic plumber's image was instantly on my Christmas list. And as an adult, despite being expected to "grow out" of my love for retro video games, I can't help but hold a burning desire for these brand new kicks from Converse. Produced in a partnership with Nintendo, these Mario-themed shoes ooze nostalgia out of every stitch.

It's been about half a year since the official 25th anniversary of the original Super Mario Bros. title for the Nintendo Entertainment System. The timeless classic forever changed the hobby of gaming and many credit the game with bringing video games into the mainstream, and these shoes are meant to honor that triumph.

They will be available in both black and white color schemes when they go on sale in July. Converse has also noted that the limited edition kicks will come in a collector's box complete with retro 8-bit styling. No price has yet been revealed, but let's hope they go "old school" on that front as well.
[/p]
icon11.gif
Source

Well, now I know what my next pair of Chuck's are gonna be.
 

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Member
Joined
May 6, 2009
Messages
18,151
Trophies
0
Age
28
Location
The Danger Zone
XP
10,212
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
Not saying the shoes are ugly, but it wouldn't be something I would wear.

Meh, I'll go out and say they're fugly.

I think the design of the shoe itself is pretty ugly and the design is very mediocre.

Only good pair of these I've seen were I think my friend owned a pair with the Wish You Were Here album art on them (Pink Floyd album for those who are musically challenged).
 

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2006
Messages
6,258
Trophies
0
Location
London
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
536
Country
those shoes are awesome 0_0 it's a shame they wont appear in europe though, i have a pair of converse but they aren't special or anything, but these are one of a kind, complete geekness
smile.gif
 

ZaeZae64

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2010
Messages
732
Trophies
0
Age
29
Location
Check the flag dumby
Website
puu.sh
XP
281
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
KingVamp said:
Not saying the shoes are ugly, but it wouldn't be something I would wear.
I think the design of the shoe itself is pretty ugly and the design is very mediocre.
Yeah that's my main issue with the shoe.
why does Nintendo always seem to like using the worst things when they advertise?
 

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2007
Messages
1,401
Trophies
0
Age
28
Location
Indiana
XP
145
Country
United States
ZaeZae64 said:
Guild McCommunist said:
KingVamp said:
Not saying the shoes are ugly, but it wouldn't be something I would wear.
I think the design of the shoe itself is pretty ugly and the design is very mediocre.
Yeah that's my main issue with the shoe.
why does Nintendo always seem to like using the worst things when they advertise?
They chose to use Converse because their old and alot of other companies have used converse for this.
 

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2011
Messages
6,192
Trophies
0
XP
2,562
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
KingVamp said:
Not saying the shoes are ugly, but it wouldn't be something I would wear.

Meh, I'll go out and say they're fugly.

I think the design of the shoe itself is pretty ugly and the design is very mediocre.

Only good pair of these I've seen were I think my friend owned a pair with the Wish You Were Here album art on them (Pink Floyd album for those who are musically challenged).

I feel sorry for those who don't know Wish You Were Here or Pink Floyd as a whole.

The shoe is pretty ugly though. It is a very lazy design. Why just Mario sprites? Why wasn't more thought put in to every aspect. At best, these would be bought to be put on a collectors shelf and never seen again.
 

jefffisher

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2006
Messages
1,621
Trophies
0
XP
1,473
Country
United States
those shoes are ugly as hell i love nintendo and converse but i just don't think i can wear them.
if the box is cool i might be a pair as a collectible
 

gloweyjoey

who??
Member
Joined
May 7, 2010
Messages
842
Trophies
0
XP
300
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Meh, I'll go out and say they're fugly.

I think the design of the shoe itself is pretty ugly and the design is very mediocre.

Only good pair of these I've seen were I think my friend owned a pair with the Wish You Were Here album art on them (Pink Floyd album for those who are musically challenged).
There are some with Dark Side of The Moon , Animals, and The Wall art work too.
converse-pink-floyd.jpg
Also, the design is from 1917 and was a Basketball shoe.
 

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2009
Messages
2,941
Trophies
0
Age
24
Location
In Vulpes' Fur
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
573
Country
gloweyjoey said:
Guild McCommunist said:
Meh, I'll go out and say they're fugly.

I think the design of the shoe itself is pretty ugly and the design is very mediocre.

Only good pair of these I've seen were I think my friend owned a pair with the Wish You Were Here album art on them (Pink Floyd album for those who are musically challenged).
There are some with Dark Side of The Moon , Animals, and The Wall art work too.
converse-pink-floyd.jpg
Also, the design is from 1917 and was a Basketball shoe.
Fuck, I want those Dark Side of the Moon shoes. Design is really nice.

The Nintendo one looks like shit. It's exclusively for overly loyal fanboyish idiots.
 

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    thehawksfuckingdead7 @ thehawksfuckingdead7: ps1 games are wild man