Nintendo switch wont start after NAND reset

Yoshi_yogurt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I followed the homebrew guide on my unpatched Switch and it went smoothly. Then I installed Tinfoil and NUT to transfer games until I realized that the Tinfoil was installed on sysMMC and not emuMMC. I connected to the Wi-fi, but I did not opened E-shop.

I decided to reset the NAND and it went well. I followed the guide again but when I uppdated Hekate and Atmosphere and rebooted the switch it wont turn on.

I have tried regular and hard reset using the power button. When I place it in the dockstation, the green light blink/flash one fast time. I also tried disconnect the battery but the problem still remains.

Anyone have and idea what I can do or had similar problem?

Last edited by Yoshi_yogurt,
Reactions: Daaabs

Yoshi_yogurt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I managed to fix the problem by trying to access the RCM multiple times and inject Hekate payload!

But I ran into another problem, I cant access stock firmware. When I shut down the switch and start it again, it shows only a black screen.

a_username_that_isnt_cool

Well-Hated Member (Also)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The fw 16.0.3 is on the emuNand. I thinks it a earlier version on stock but cant check it since I cant access it.
You will have to be very fast with this to not be banned. In fact, you might get banned anyway.
Go to CFW on sysMMC. Then upgrade to 16.0.3.
Reboot. Try to go into stock.
If it didn't work, I don't know

Yoshi_yogurt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
You will have to be very fast with this to not be banned. In fact, you might get banned anyway.
Go to CFW on sysMMC. Then upgrade to 16.0.3.
Reboot. Try to go into stock.
If it didn't work, I don't know
I will do it. So you mean only on CFW sysNAND and not stock?

Do I get banned even if I not connected to internet/wifi?
Post automatically merged:

If you are on a lower firmware for sysnand and the fuse count is for 16.0.3 it would explain why it won't boot OFW.
So it means that it is not possible to boot OFW if the firmware on sysNAND is lower than emuNAND?

Last edited by Yoshi_yogurt,

Daaabs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I followed the homebrew guide on my unpatched Switch and it went smoothly. Then I installed Tinfoil and NUT to transfer games until I realized that the Tinfoil was installed on sysMMC and not emuMMC. I connected to the Wi-fi, but I did not opened E-shop.

I decided to reset the NAND and it went well. I followed the guide again but when I uppdated Hekate and Atmosphere and rebooted the switch it wont turn on.

I have tried regular and hard reset using the power button. When I place it in the dockstation, the green light blink/flash one fast time. I also tried disconnect the battery but the problem still remains.

Anyone have and idea what I can do or had similar problem?
I have the exact same problem. Accidentally overwrote the (version 16) sysMMC with the files of a (version 13) emuMMC. Tried overwriting it with the original NAND backup but that was version 13 too and didn't help at all. Totally blank and unresponsive. Still boots into RCM, thank god, but Hekate says that 7/6 fuses have been burnt. Did you manage to fix it?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the exact same problem. Accidentally overwrote the (version 16) sysMMC with the files of a (version 13) emuMMC. Tried overwriting it with the original NAND backup but that was version 13 too and didn't help at all. Totally blank and unresponsive. Still boots into RCM, thank god, but Hekate says that 7/6 fuses have been burnt. Did you manage to fix it?

What is your fuse count?

Daaabs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It expect firmware 16.0.0 to 16.1.0, it would explain why if you restore a lower firmware why it won't boot. If you boot with hekate does it boot?
No, I can boot into Hekate via RCM but if I try to boot the stock OS from Hekate it goes blank/unresponsive.

Would it help if I used Hekate to flash an updated (16.1.0) emuMMC over the sysMMC?

Yoshi_yogurt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
No, I can boot into Hekate via RCM but if I try to boot the stock OS from Hekate it goes blank/unresponsive.

Would it help if I used Hekate to flash an updated (16.1.0) emuMMC over the sysMMC?

Did you manage to fix it? How did you do?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work